Win a Meter on Digikey

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
They dont.

ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter to win. Contestants will enter by submitting their solution to the puzzle along with their contact information.
ELIGIBILITY: Awards are open to residents of the continental United States. Employees of Digi-Key Electronics and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be drawn at random.
DAILY PRIZES: Daily winners will receive a Fluke #117 meter, with a maximum value of $199.99
GRAND PRIZE: Grand prize winner will receive a 190 Series ScopeMeter Kit with a maximum of $4,600
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified via the contact information they provided within 5 days of the drawing. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
Daily contestants can only be selected one time for a daily prize.
Grand Prize winner can only be selected one time for a grand prize.
CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these official Rules. Digi-Key Electronics in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
If I won I would ask for a store credit equivalent to the value of the fluke meter being I wouldn't take one if they gave it to me.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
If I won I would ask for a store credit equivalent to the value of the fluke meter being I wouldn't take one if they gave it to me.
Good. I've used my Fluke 27 as my every day meter since 1978 and I'm happy to think it isn't in danger of being stolen.:)

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Actually that's the Fluke I would be more prone to steal. The old ones were well built and that what they got their reputation from. The new stuff is over priced junk as far as I am concerned.

The vast majority of people I know who buy fluke meters have near zero knowledge of what they are buying or going to use it for other than it is expensive and everyone else who doesn't know what they are doing thinks they are good so they must be.
That's why their auto ranging units sell so well. The people buying them are not smart enough to know what range or mode they need before they put the leads on what ever they are testing to begin with. :(

I worked at a place that sold fluke meters along side Mastech meters and the return for warranty rate other flukes per unit sold was way higher than the their chinese equivalent. What was more notable was the 'died just after the warranty expired' ratios were even worse on the flukes.

I have a Mastech meter and I abuse the crap out of it and it has never let me down yet. ;)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The people buying them are not smart enough to know what range or mode they need before they put the leads on what ever they are testing to begin with. :(
I learned a long time ago, "If you don't know what to expect before you touch your meter to the circuit, you won't understand the answer."
I went through a stage where I just tried measuring voltages to see if they would lead me to an idea of what was wrong. It doesn't work that way. A dozen measurements with no understanding is just gibberish. The measurements don't mean anything and they won't create a pattern.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Not getting the first word today

A M T L E E Y E R N

PARTICLE
RADIANT ENERGY
WAVE PARTICLE DUALITY
ON ELECTRIC CHARGE

Last word of answer is LIGHT