Why your avatar?...

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Go Go Gophers! was a series of cartoons with Underdog, Tennesee Tuxedo and Klondike Kat.

This guy, Chief Running Board and his scout, Rumpled Feathers, represents innovation, creativity and all the enjoyment of "sticking it to 'the man '".

I don't know if I should thank or blame this cartoon for teaching me how to interact with those who think they are in charge.

Here is an example...

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Go Go Gophers! was a series of cartoons with Underdog, Tennesee Tuxedo and Klondike Kat.

This guy, Chief Running Board and his scout, Rumpled Feathers, represents innovation, creativity and all the enjoyment of "sticking it to 'the man '".

I don't know if I should thank or blame this cartoon for teaching me how to interact with those who think they are in charge.

Here us an example...
I was looking forward to your explaining your avatar... and man, I'm definitely not disappointed... :), that was way cool!

As regards my avatar -- let's just say its subject (as pictured -- and quite despite the silly costume) seems to embrace those most exalted human qualities - to wit boundless: Intellect, wisdom, courage, strength of character, perspective and independence of mind -- IOW all the qualities I can but vainly strive for -- yet fully vested in my 'namesake' (i.e. Hypatia of Alexandria):):):)

Best regards
HP

PS -- Yikes!:eek: Having reviewed my post it looks a bit like proselytizing!:eek::rolleyes: --- Not my intent - just explaining my choice of avatar sans an agenda - I promise!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Now you just need Linux to complete the transformation.
Hey now! let's have no LINUX bashing!:eek: -- Being, as I am, in said transition myself - It makes me 'all sick and crazy inside' --- of course that could be down to the mouthwash that passes for Dom Pérignon at Bellisio's:(:(:(:eek:

Last edited:

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
My avatar is a visualization of one transformation of an E8 Lie Group since I was fascinated by Garrett Lisi's theory. It's also a good representation of my existence; a spot of darkness in the center of an otherwise bright and colorful universe.
I hope that you don't really feel that way.

And since I have posted in the thread, I guess I should mention my avatar. It's how I feel about people who text and drive. If they want to endanger themselves, that's one thing, but putting other people's lives at risk by texting and driving is just as bad as drinking and driving. It should be penalized just as severely.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I hope that you don't really feel that way.

And since I have posted in the thread, I guess I should mention my avatar. It's how I feel about people who text and drive. If they want to endanger themselves, that's one thing, but putting other people's lives at risk by texting and driving is just as bad as drinking and driving. It should be penalized just as severely.
And it's a rather noble message you're conveying, I daresay. May I ask if you or someone you know have ever had a an incident or close call due to one of those irresponsible text-drivers?