Why your avatar?...

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I'm extremely fond of the Calvin & Hobbes comic strip. The kid has an enormous imagination and he loves to unleash it to its full potential every time he can, and with very little inhibition. And although that's usually the source of most of his troubles, it also makes him a highly creative individual. And also deep, deep down, he truly has a heart of gold. I admire him for those traits, and that is the why of my avatar.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I started out using my favorite dog, but somebody insulted it (twice in one sentence) by suggesting you can't believe anything a poodle says.:mad: It seemed to be a good way to disguise my true identity, but I eventually realized that I could hide just as well behind a 40 year old photo of my real face because I look more like joeyd now.:D

Attachments

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
I started out using my favorite dog, but somebody insulted it (twice in one sentence) by suggesting you can't believe anything a poodle says.:mad: It seemed to be a good way to disguise my true identity, but I eventually realized that I could hide just as well behind a 40 year old photo of my real face because I look more like joeyd now.:D
Now you just need Linux to complete the transformation.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
You mean you all don't use your actual photo for an avatar?

I chose mine because he looks as old as I feel, but just as happy anyway. And I think he's a smart ass -- with a curt reply ready when necessary -- combined with an occasional pearl of wisdom (though that pearl may be his tooth).