Well the DC is not solid because it keeps pulsating on and off producing the DC voltage from the Alternating AC voltage...Voltage output of rectifier would be known as pulsating direct current. And was told I was wrong! Why
Because whoever said "wrong", is wrong. Your answer was correct. If only two choices were offered, AC or DC, then it's DC.And was told I was wrong! Why
So true. I've noted here before that, in my opinion, the problem is that our classification of a source signal as AC or DC often depends more heavily on the load - the application - than on any characterization of the source properties. We call a rectified wall wart charging a battery, "DC". The same signal fed into an audio amp would surely sound like "AC". Both are right.The actual meaning depends, in large part, on the context of both the specific topic being discussed and the audience discussing it.