Why grass?

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Exactly... You can beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride.

You thumb your nose at these people and I swear they will send a sentry to watch your house and send you nasty letters for every little thing.

I only rent, so I never signed a HOA agreement, but my landlord did. So anytime they get a nasty letter, I get a nasty phone call. Last year a lot of the grass died because I didn't water it enough. Call me silly, but I don't see the point in driving MY water bill up to keep my landlord's lawn looking pristine when, I wouldn't even water it if it were MY lawn. I'm glad I went through this renting before I decided to buy a house. I already didn't want to live in the city, but now my resolve is strengthened. I will never buy anything but rural land.
You are the reason some HOAs don't allow renters. It's because you don't give a sh*t, because it's not YOUR property value you are driving down. All your neighbors can just go to h*ll, for all you care.
I'm glad you don't live in my neighborhood. You probably are too.

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
You are the reason some HOAs don't allow renters. It's because you don't give a sh*t, because it's not YOUR property value you are driving down. All you neighbors can just go to h*ll, for all you care.
I'm glad you don't live in my neighborhood. You probably are too.
So you live next to derelict rent house? Or you're a landlord with a foul tennant?

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
So you live next to derelict rent house? Or you're a landlord with a foul tennant?
I just moved from a house in a neighborhood with an HOA. My neighbors were renters, and they did not take care of their lawns. It didn't help my eventual selling price.
I have also been a landlord with foul tenants. As you can see, you struck a nerve.:D

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Yeah sorry if I threw salt in your wounds. Don't worry though, you're right, I wouldn't want to live in your neighborhood, and I have no plans on living in any neighborhood henceforth. Living in cookie cutter greenlawned homes in suburbia does not appeal to me. My priorities differ from the majority of society's, and having a primped & perfect lawn isn't very high on my list. When I buy a house it is going to be on some acreage, surrounded by thick trees so that nobody has to look at my knee-high nettles and I don't have to look at anybody's pointless crop of carpetgrass. It wasn't my intention to adversely effect anybody's house value, but the house values around here aren't that high anyways; the neighborhood is surrounded by squalid apartment complexes and crackheads, and there are bars on all the doors & windows.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
I believe Strantor hit the nail on the head, when he said;

I'm expected to pay a water bill so I can keep this stupid grass green in the heat of summer, and then because I water it so much it grows like cancer and I have continuously mow it, which further requires me to buy a lawnmower, edger, gasoline, etc and I have to pay to have the clippings hauled off
Want to know ?why? somethings are the way they are?

FOLLOW THE MONEY