Why do Some Current Transformers Have Four Leads and a Hole?

johnyradio

Joined Oct 26, 2012
A data sheet will come with coil....to show you the connection. We can't see it from here.
Unfortunately, i can't locate a datasheet for this part. This product page says:
20A/20mA 4 Terminal Precision AC Micro Current
Secondary Current : 20mA

This leads me to believe two of the leads are attached to a separate winding, in order to step down the current, and not common connection to the other leads. Isn't that what we're seeing here?

plz jump to 1:23

Last edited:

johnyradio

Joined Oct 26, 2012
It appears to be the narrow set of pins. Here is the data sheet.
What does "narrow set of pins" mean?
The image in the sheet is unclear to me, i can't tell if it's a separate winding.
The bottom image seems to show both leads going into a differential amp (?), with calibration pot (?), for difference-current-to-voltage measurement, i think
One goes to google. Type in your part number and add the word data sheet after it.
yes i know how to google. it didn't come up. Tried "datasheet" and "data sheet".
https://www.google.com/search?q=zta...69i57j69i60.6006j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

plz share your google results, so i can see how you searched it!

Last edited:

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
There are four pins on the object. On one edge, they are widely spaced and on the other edge, they are narrow spaced. Look closely at the drawing. See the coil symbol inside and between the narrow set of pins?

A lot of times with certain components.........a data sheet link will show up in just a part number search alone. As yours did. All I did was copy "
ZTA504A 5A/5mA Micro Precision Current Transformer

" from your ebay listing.

The google results might be a little different....depending on your location.

johnyradio

Joined Oct 26, 2012
A lot of times with certain components.........a data sheet link will show up in just a part number search alone. As yours did. All I did was copy "
ZTA504A 5A/5mA Micro Precision Current Transformer
that's not the "part number alone". and it's not "part-number data sheet", as you instructed. Smarmy attitude not needed.

yep, i see the lead-spacing is narrow on one side. and i see the coil-symbol between the narrow pins. Still unclear whether the wide-spaced pins are the same or different.

Thx