Who owned AAC previously?

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
I searched google, but I could not find who owned us before?
It is true trained professionals would need some of these skills, however, the Maintenance Philosophy these days is the replacement of the ECU, the sensors, and such, that the requisite skills would be how to test the devices and sensors vice "restoring" them to full functionality. The philosophy could be further defined to send the defective component back for "factory" restoration.

That philosophy encourages the tinkerer to attempt to effect repairs and/or modifications on their ECU. Yes, there are aftermarket products where you can replace the chips for different firmware to improve performance.

When the regulating agencies start fining the end user, the modifications will stop.
I realize I am bumping an old thread.
I searched google but I could not find who were we owned by before?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

In 2003 jrap did setup the first AAC forum.
The first screenshot in the internet archive is from sept 20 2003.
The forum looked a bit like this (some pictures are missing):

Sept 20 2003 All About Circuits (Powered by Invision Power Board).png

Also Dave was there in the beginning.
Dave has now left the forum.

Bertus

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

By the time I joined, the forum already looked a lot more like the old blue theme:

April 12 2008 All About Circuits.png

In that time the forum was still owned by jrap.

Bertus

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Joe is one of few people I have physically met from AAC, I am still embarrassed by the fact after a severe lack of sleep I accidentally banned him. I asked for a larger moderation staff to help keep me honest after that. We (the staff) get along really well. I was raised to own up to my shortcomings.but I truly care about this site deeply. I am a people person at heart.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I never held it against you. I figured you were testing out the moderators ability and had an accidental activation of a switch. LOL

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I never held it against you. I figured you were testing out the moderators ability and had an accidental activation of a switch. LOL
Nope we moderators have an extra button called spam on posts and it causes all sorts of bad things to happen to a user if a moderator clicks it. AAC went through a period as we rose through the ranks where spammers tried desperately to capitalize on our then new fame, the mod staff is very aggressive against spammers, as it is still going on. There is an informal contest who gets a spammer first. I think it makes AAC much classier. We don't ban people lightly, you would not believe the amount of discussion before someone gets the ban hammer. We show no mercy to spammers.