Who has a Facebook here?

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Guys,

Many forums or clubs in internet has its own Facebook fanpage. How about us? To admin/staff: can you make one???

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have it too, and hate it. I only have it because of family who likes it far far away.

Last edited:

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
We are all the same. I have Facebook because of communicating with other people that I really have to communicate. :HUAH:

Suggestion, would somebody put chat here on AAC so we can communicate faster?

Thanks!

Facebook is good for general knowledge about someone you may or may not know. Phone calls and voicemail are fast becoming obsolete in our age of instant communications. Phone calls are disruptive, distracting, rarely arrive at a convenient time and are darned dangerous when behind the wheel. Text, e-mail, twitter etc. are better formats to communicate some important, albeit minor detail. All communications today are in a kind of flux that inevidably will change.

Cheers, DPW [ Everything has limitations...and I hate limitations.]

Last edited:

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I have a facebook, majority of my friends are addicted to theirs, its pathetic. I use it to communicate with friends, other than that I really don't use it. I'm on here a lot more than I'm on there :rolleyes:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
FB is a horrible site. Just plain ugly and hard to use. I think the only reason it made it over the others is it's name.

I find it hilarious that people actually think other people are interested in teir lives.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
Facebook serves a purpose and has good and bad attributes so I have learned to use it to my advantage.

One interesting note

Years ago I bought a home in a small Illinois town and I found a boatload of old photos of the town in the attic. By old I mean 1890s to 1960s old. I only lived there a couple years so the photos didnt really mean anything to me.
A couple years ago I decided to get rid of them but not wanting to actually destroy them, I decided to scan them and put up a page displaying them.
It wasn't long before I became a hero and was being adored by hundreds of old gray-haired ladies. I offered to give them away free but that was not to be. They sent me trinkets and gold.

I am thankful I could distribute the photos to hundreds of people that wanted them.
Digitally and tangibly.

It was a positive use of a social network.

Other than that?
Take it for what it is worth.

Make things work for you.

Facebook serves a purpose and has good and bad attributes so I have learned to use it to my advantage.
I find it very useful in that I don't need to bounce from forum to forum, as they all come to me! AHH one stop shopping! As for all that personal junk posted on it you can reduce and sometimes remove it.{who cares you changed your profile pix?}

I have Avira Maleware Google ...ETC. All there in one place.

Last edited by a moderator:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ Spinnaker,we are interested your life,post your picture.
Your turn to post picture. This is better than facebook,more
friendly. Loosewire