Whither are we bound?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Given the high level of dissatisfaction with recent changes and other revelations, I thought it might be worthwhile to ask where might be a good place to migrate so we don't loose touch with each other. Not to put too fine a point on this but this feels like a corporate takeover with downsizing, layoffs and resignations. I'd really like a way to stay in touch.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Given the high level of dissatisfaction with recent changes and other revelations, I thought it might be worthwhile to ask where might be a good place to migrate so we don't loose touch with each other. Not to put too fine a point on this but this feels like a corporate takeover with downsizing, layoffs and resignations. I'd really like a way to stay in touch.
@jrap, are you listening?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Considering that BBS software is free, all one needs is some internet connected iron to run it on.

It could be just a forum without all the rest (i.e. textbooks, etc.).

We could call it "Half About Circuits"...

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
AAC has had a couple of major challenges of late.
Nothing sufficient to prompt me to move on however. Perhaps I'm just not that engaged to feel aggrieved in any sense.
As long as I'm not asked to contribute money in order to remain a member I am OK with what's happening.
I hope you fellows don't leave. Your contributions are valued by me.
Aside: When the new "look" works for my situation I'll probably use it....

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It is true we are not employees, but we are a community regardless of the platform we choose to use for communication. Several of have made use of this platform to stay connected during times of external stress, myself included. My question was about alternatives -- if any even exist.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
I feel a few deep breaths and some 'watchful waiting' are in order prior to jumping to conclusions, or, indeed, jumping ship!...:):):)

Best regards
HP

Last edited:

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Papa,

Very prudent indeed.

We need someone to collect email addresses before anymore leave.

That's all that is necessary now. There will be enough talent to solve if need be.

I can't take that eye candy format.

I had windows 8 off by box within 30 min.

And I could not abide by any endorsements by AAC for products and services.

That would be most dis-respectful to the members work.

But no one knows what's what.

A few weeks will tell.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I'm not getting spammed and not seeing an over amount of adverts once I'm logged in; on the other hand it's just the opposite if I want to read "Threads" without responding or visit the e-books as I have done in the past without logging in.

That for the most part is the annoying thing; sometimes I don't care to log in and pop on to see if their are any interesting projects or news I'm un-aware of.

My gmail account has notifications from ETO but; none from AAC? Once I changed my settings and cleared my cookies and browsing history it's now back to the same look and feel; only when I log out do I see the adverts and annoying orange. Like I said makes my eyes hurt it's so bold.

kv

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Well I for one came here from ETO when they went through a similar site policy and rules debacle but since then things calmed down over there and I am slowly going back to participating moreover there so maybe for me that's where I will head back to for my primary electronics forum next until things get sorted out over here.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Well I for one came here from ETO when they went through a similar site policy and rules debacle but since then things calmed down over there and I am slowly going back to participating moreover there so maybe for me that's where I will head back to for my primary electronics forum next until things get sorted out over here.
At this point, apart from the optional new style and a few minor bugs, I don't see any issues?... Seriously, am I missing something?:confused:

Sincerely
HP

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Is it me, or has the mapping thread for the members that participated turned up missing? Seems like it was in the "sticky" section, along with the "Who are you" thread...