which USB adaptor to choose

udev

Joined May 21, 2021
Hi All, I have a product ( 3 head electric shaver) with the below techincal data and it comes only with a USB cable for now. I am unsure which USB adaptor I should choose. Can I use any usb adaptor with 100-240VAC, 5V DC and 1A or 2A specifications? Do I also need to know the input voltage perhaps? Thanks in advance.

1621592165647.png

Last edited:

udev

Joined May 21, 2021
Hello Yaakov, thank you for your reply.
I checked with a colleague and he said I need to know the input. IS this the input voltage? Are you able to provide more information maybe? Thank you.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
The device has a micro USB input which means it requires 5V and will use whatever current it needs up to the capacity of the supply. It says 2W maximum which is 400mA or 100mA less than the minimum expected power from a USB supply.

I have no idea what your colleague is asking.

udev

Joined May 21, 2021
HI Yaakov, Thank you for the explanation, that being said , can I use any usb adaptor with 100-240VAC, 5V DC and 1A or 2A ?
Thanks.
Sorry this is not my forte so please excuse the not so smart questions!

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
You will find if the adpator has the micro USB head on it, then it should be fine.

I say fine, as there are some real bad far east knock offs , but chose a good shop bought one, an dyou will be fine.

All micor USB have the same spec, voltage etc. and are dirt cheap.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
HI Yaakov, Thank you for the explanation, that being said , can I use any usb adaptor with 100-240VAC, 5V DC and 1A or 2A ?
Thanks.
Sorry this is not my forte so please excuse the not so smart questions!
Yes, effectively any USB charger made for a phone or the like will be fine. It is the general case that if something has a USB connector on it, any compliant USB accessory that will plug into it, or it will plug into, will work.