which optoisolator to use?

nisha p

Joined Dec 26, 2017
which optoisolator to use for passing 1Hz to 10 Hz frequency pulse signal with high accuracy and high switching speed?
this optoisolator is to be used between a MOSFET driver and Arduino for switching high voltages in a matter of microseconds.

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
A microsecond is equal to 1000 nanoseconds
10 hz is .1 second
Isn't one going to miss something there.

1 Megahertz is exactly one million Hertz. 1 MHz = 1 x 106 Hz. 1 MHz = 1000000 Hz. 1 Cycle per Nanosecond: A period of 1 Nanosecond is equal to 1 000 000 000 Hertz

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
To control the gate of the MOS-transistor, it usually takes 10 to 20 volts. So I took the 12B. A field-effect transistor can be powered from any voltage that does not exceed its breakdown voltage. In my case this is 1200V.
See
Draft612.png

nisha p

Joined Dec 26, 2017
To control the gate of the MOS-transistor, it usually takes 10 to 20 volts. So I took the 12B. A field-effect transistor can be powered from any voltage that does not exceed its breakdown voltage. In my case this is 1200V.
See
View attachment 142516
I had intended to use a gate driver for faster switching like tc4427a because I require fast switching.are you suggesting that this optocoupler is enough for both isolation and driving power MOSFET??? and is it possible to show graphs as you have done in NI Multism software. and I do really appreciate your help.Thank you very much

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
This really don't make scene the poster said and I quote
1Hz to 10 Hz
Then he said
MOSFET driver and Arduino for switching high voltages in a matter of microseconds.
Now how is this going to happen cause what been posted is not switching that fast.
and the MOSFET is only going to follow the 1Hz to 10 Hz and switch it's output at a higher voltage.

The only control over the MOSFET is the 1Hz to 10 Hz signal.

Where is this come to play
switching high voltages in a matter of microseconds.

nisha p

Joined Dec 26, 2017
am sorry .the signal is not 1 to 10 Hz ,my bad.I meant waves in microseconds and milliseconds .i need to control POWER MOSFET switching high voltages.But at the same time I require isolation if something goes wrong and high speed driving capability.