Which forum should circuit simulation discussions go in?

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
I vote for two separate forums
  • PCB Layout
  • Circuit Simulation
I agree. But I suggest further breaking them down into separate tool categories since most questions
are in the context of a specific tool:

General <---for anything that doesn't fit under a specific tool
PCAD
LTspice
etc....

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
I don't think it matters a bit anymore which sub-forum is used for any topic. Right now, the first thread in each of the first three subforums is about Pwm power supplies.
Brings to mind....maybe there should also be a subforum just for "LEDs and Drivers" since this seems to be a popular topic.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I agree. But I suggest further breaking them down into separate tool categories since most questions
are in the context of a specific tool:

General <---for anything that doesn't fit under a specific tool
PCAD
LTspice
etc....
How does building a PCB have anything to do with designing/simulating a circuit. Two very different steps in the process. The only commonality is that SOFTWARE can be used for both. Your comparison is like saying word-processing software and spreadsheets should be discussed together because they are both used to make an annual report.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Brings to mind....maybe there should also be a subforum just for "LEDs and Drivers" since this seems to be a popular topic.
You missed my point completely - I think we should go back to the two main forums we had in the past - Chat and Projects. Even that can be crunched down to one in my book. Volume in any single subforum is not high enough to bother anyone right now.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
How does building a PCB have anything to do with designing/simulating a circuit. Two very different steps in the process. The only commonality is that SOFTWARE can be used for both. Your comparison is like saying word-processing software and spreadsheets should be discussed together because they are both used to make an annual report.
That's not what I'm suggesting.
I guess I wasn't clear enough.
I'm suggesting breaking down Circuit Simulation into separate tool categories since questions are almost always in the context of a specific tool.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
You missed my point completely - I think we should go back to the two main forums we had in the past - Chat and Projects. Even that can be crunched down to one in my book. Volume in any single subforum is not high enough to bother anyone right now.
I wasn't commenting on your specific point. Simply making a suggestion.