Should there be a stupid questions forum?

cork_ie

Joined Oct 8, 2011
AAC is a wonderful asset and is a great place to learn and share ideas and ask questions.Most posters are very helpful and always ready to give their time and share their vast knowledge. Probably 99% + of the posts are serious, where the user has some idea what he wants and makes some effort to explain what he/she is hoping to achieve.
However there are the occasional posts that amaze me, such as "what value resistor should I use with my LED",or "How do I make a battery charger" with no details of the circuit, no schematic, no parameters, no essential information & often accompanied by appalling spelling.
Should these have a special forum all of their own -"The stupid questions Forum"

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
Should these have a special forum all of their own -"The stupid questions Forum"
Well, you've just posted in it; you tell me.

AAC is a wonderful asset and is a great place to learn and share ideas and ask questions
What a beautiful definition.

Most posters are very helpful and always ready to give their time and share their vast knowledge.
Wonderful isn't it.

no essential information & often accompanied by appalling spelling
If you look at your keyboard very carefully, there is somethin' called a rectangular "space-bar". Believe it or not this can seperate paragraphs.

However there are the occasional posts that amaze me
Join the club, I learn something new everyday.

Probably 99% + of the posts are serious, where the user has some idea what he wants and makes some effort to explain what he/she is hoping to achieve.
Maybe, just maybe, the remaining 1% are only in need for a point in the right direction.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
You mean stupid questions like when you meet someone in a movie theater and they ask you "Hey, what are you doing here?"

Questions you described are incomplete due to lack of understanding. Their authors deserve the help that can be offered by more knowledgeable members.

On a more serious note, I've seen a few posts that were never followed up by the OP because they get overwhelmed with demands for schematics etc. in a language that can be a bit harsh. Pretty sure that is how Socrates met his end ;)

p.s. why should I use a resistor with my LED, it works without it :eek:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
If you look at your keyboard very carefully, there is somethin' called a rectangular "space-bar". Believe it or not this can seperate paragraphs.
The space bar cannot separate paragraphs, only words. That's the job of the "enter" button.

Judge and you shall be judged.:p

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Without dumb questions,you would have dumber people,that makes you

a little smarter. How does that feel,do you feel smater.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
STUPID.

Poll: Is this post stupid?

A. Yes
B. No

There should be a category for bad posts, mainly covering posts with bad subject lines.

cork_ie

Joined Oct 8, 2011

Maybe, just maybe, the remaining 1% are only in need for a point in the right direction.
I don't know what type of screen or browser you are using , but I see three separate paragraphs on mine!!

I don't think any reasonable person would confuse posts by people looking for a point in the right direction with the kind of posts I am talking about.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hmmm, possibly the humor is gone?

I don't mind stupid questions, like farts it is better to get them out of the way so the serious business of learning can begin.

chrissyp

Joined Aug 25, 2008
lets face it we are all at differing skill levels and a stupid question to the more skilled may be a reasonable question to a novice,but a stupid question , sometimes deserves a stupid answer but not always ,remember a stupid question is far less expensive than a stupid mistake.

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
The space bar cannot separate paragraphs, only words. That's the job of the "enter" button.

Judge and you shall be judged.:p
It looks like I've been hit with an arrow. Oh don't worry, it will take more than that to put me to sleep. (yes I did mean the enter button)