which dsPIC is best for my voice response robot?

dhanraj_kmr

Joined Dec 6, 2008
Hi to all,
I would like to build a voice response robo so that i came to know dsPIC is best in this field. But i dont know which series of dsPIC30fxxxx would be suitable for my robo project. There is no need of voice restriction. Any voice from anyone will be able to operate the robo. But the voice should be match. So that the robo wil be able to operated by any voice but the voice should be matched.
Thats my need. Pls reply regarding this. Its urgent..

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
Write down how many inputs and outputs you want the PIC to have, how much RAM, EEPROM (if needed) and so on and then check which one meets your specifications.

dhanraj_kmr

Joined Dec 6, 2008
Thanks for your reply.

Ok i have choosed dsPIC30f5011. But you have to say that what i'hv choosed is right or wrong form your working experience?
I have two motors which drive my robo. And i need schemetic for this board. Or mirochip providing any development board with this IC?

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
If you are going to control only two motors why do you need such a big microcontroller?

How many I/O do you need?

What kind of motors you have? steppers or servo? You need the appropriate driver circuit for each one.

dhanraj_kmr

Joined Dec 6, 2008
Ya. i have to use two stepper motors. Just imagine a two wheel robot. it will be able to operate using my voice(or anyone voice. there is no restriction) commends. In my next project i wil be using xbee to transmit the audio commends. But now if i say "forward", my robo should move forward until i said "stop". The accuracy is the important thing in this project. So pls post the schmetic circuit for dspic30f5011 board. Thank you....

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
The schematic depends upon you! You have to decide which pins you want to use for I/O and so on. Also, you will need stepper motor driver chips to make your life easier. What is more, I don't think you need such a large pinout microcontroller unless you are going to add things later.