Where is the audio on this circuit board?

Jennifer2012

Joined Mar 9, 2018
Hi everyone!

I have a unit that will beep repeatedly and flash during operation. There's no settings to disable the beeping, so I'd like to simply remove the audio device that's producing the audio beeping.

The problem is I don't know what it might look like. I've taken a couple pictures of the two boards inside of the unit.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it!

As a side note, if anyone has any recommendations for preventing the unit from flashing, that would be awesome, too!

Thank you so much!

IMG_20180308_233206.jpg IMG_20180308_233223.jpg IMG_20180308_233234.jpg

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Those look like images of two different boards.
Are you shure the audio device is on one of them?
Can' you locate it when it is beeping?
Image #2, white paper disc, top right corner. Often, beepers have a sticker over the hole to keep water out during pc board washing.

ak

Jennifer2012

Joined Mar 9, 2018
Those look like images of two different boards.
Are you shure the audio device is on one of them?
Can' you locate it when it is beeping?
Image #2, white paper disc, top right corner. Often, beepers have a sticker over the hole to keep water out during pc board washing.

ak
Thanks for the response. I had been Googling and found that it's probably a "piezo buzzer", and a lot have that white sticker that says "remove seal after washing". Sure enough, that was it (and it's kind of hidden in the picture). There are two circuit boards in the unit, so that was one of them.

Anyway, per a youtube video they pulled the cover off the buzzer, and were able to remove a metal piece on top to disable it. Well, I pulled and there's no cover, it just came straight off the board. OOPS! So that resolves the issue with beeping, but I probably should have done it AFTER installing the unit as the beeps indicate if there are any problems...

Might have to solder it back on?

UPDATE: Per the manual, lights will also blink with the beeping, so I don't need it for troubleshooting. Whew!

Anyway thanks for the help!

Last edited:
D2 looks fried and thus possibly other stuff. It may have DC on the output terminals. The relays and it's associated circuitry usually prevent the DC from reaching the speaker.

Since you have the manual, what's the purpose of the buzzer? You never even named the thing. Make, model.