When you hit rock bottom, what's your plan B?

mattdevon

Joined Nov 19, 2018
Hi guys,
Have you ever found yourself in a situation that drag you down.. all the way down? So deep that you feel powerless, energy less, no motivation, no desire to start again..
What do you do? What makes you wake up next morning and start all over again?
I think each person has its own way of motivating.. but maybe i can learn something from you.. who knows?

oz93666

Joined Sep 7, 2010
It's a challenging reality we live in ! Constant effort is required just to keep afloat....

Even if you have the money thing sorted it requires daily work just to keep things tidy, wash the dishes , shopping ... and the older you get the more effort it takes as your body crumbles and gets slower ...

Now the really bad news is if you haven't got a fat bank account ....You have to WORK to get money .... wake up with the alarm clock most days ! Nightmare !

And if you don't keep the money sorted , it's a cardboard box under the embankment for your bed!

Then there's the wife you have to keep happy!

Hang on in there .

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It's simple really. You just have to make your money work as hard as you do. That and avoiding the temptation to be a whiner.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
So deep that you feel powerless, energy less, no motivation, no desire to start again..
What do you do?
Reminds me of a poem from years ago:

When things go wrong as they usually will
And your daily road seems all uphill
When funds are low and debts are high
When you try to smile but can only cry
When you really feel you'd like to quit
Don't run to me... I don't give a s***.

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
Excuse my friend Joey he's been intoxicated on some workplace memes. :p

The question is a bit complex and personal.

Hi guys,
Have you ever found yourself in a situation that drag you down.. all the way down? So deep that you feel powerless, energy less, no motivation, no desire to start again..
I think each person has its own way of motivating.. but maybe i can learn something from you.. who knows?
However cutting toxic people out of your life that would throw you in front of a moving train works every time.;)

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Hi guys,
Buy something. Own it. Care for it. Feel proud.

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
Not complex at all.

It's never occurred to me to not get back up after getting knocked down.
That was not what I meant. The situation the OP is in might be complex and how he or she needs to deal with that could be beyond simple suggestions.

There are cemeteries filled with once strong people that were told to just toughen up.

Whining just wastes otherwise useful energy.
Agreed, unless it's about taxes on companies and regulations;)

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
What would you have to be depressed about? If you've really hit bottom, it can't get any worse. The only direction you could possibly go is up.