When I plug in the power cord and press power button it will power on but after few seconds it will turn off automatically.

esma23

Joined Jan 10, 2021
For your information:
the current limiting resistors are not critical. Use a resistor with a minimal power rating of 3W. The resistors can be found at the input of the rectifier bridge.
Attached is the global schematic of the Philips power supply.
More info: https://www.st.com/content/ccc/reso...df/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00077598.pdf
I have an issue with the same unit. When you plug in the power cord and press power button it will power on but after few seconds it will turn off automatically. When you press again the power button it will remain off. But when you unplug it and wait for a minute at least and then plug in and press power button it will power on but again after a few seconds it will turn off.

I observed the PSU board but no any sign of burn out components.

Kindly help me on this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Mods Note:
Please don't hijack other member's thread.

I have an issue with the same unit. When you plug in the power cord and press power button it will power on but after few seconds it will turn off automatically. When you press again the power button it will remain off. But when you unplug it and wait for a minute at least and then plug in and press power button it will power on but again after a few seconds it will turn off.

I observed the PSU board but no any sign of burn out components.

Kindly help me on this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Mods Note:
Please don't hijack other member's thread.
Please check the ESR of the capacitors, or just replace them. The Viper might have issues also, but start with the capacitors and check the current limiting resitors.