Whats wrong with Toyota's cars?

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Now GM is offering $1000 to Toyota owners that are worried about their cars. Any 2009 or 2010 model year owners can trade in there Toyota for a GM, and GM will give $1000 EXTRA above and beyond all other deals and offers. Just to try to get people out of Toyotas and into GM.

Praying on folks fears for sales. sheesh.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Now GM is offering $1000 to Toyota owners that are worried about their cars. Any 2009 or 2010 model year owners can trade in there Toyota for a GM, and GM will give $1000 EXTRA above and beyond all other deals and offers. Just to try to get people out of Toyotas and into GM.

That is taxpayers' money, I hope you realize. Why should taxes be used to undermine a successful company that makes a high-quality product? Ford just reported a $2.7 billion profit for 2009. It is not American productivity or costs. It is government inefficiency. GM is desperate and should be. Unfortunately, it is not a level playing field.

John

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
That is taxpayers' money, I hope you realize. Why should taxes be used to undermine a successful company that makes a high-quality product? Ford just reported a $2.7 billion profit for 2009. It is not American productivity or costs. It is government inefficiency. GM is desperate and should be. Unfortunately, it is not a level playing field.

John

I agree 5000%. Build them up to knock them down. Quality is quality.

Striking fear into the public and offering to help by paying off their Toyota so they can get into a GM is SICK. And jpanhalt is right. GM is broke. This is OUR money GM is "rebating" to us so we will give them MORE of our money. (Which will of course be taxed)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009

I'm just thinking GM wants to get rid of their chevys and replace them with Toyota's, the public is going to wise up to these "too big to fail" business's one day..

Duane P Wetick

Joined Apr 23, 2009
Toyota is still focusing on the mechanical issues (2/1) for the un-intended acceleration of its cars. The electronic issues are still being ignored, but are now being brought to light by others familiar with the subject. There is no more mechanical control of the accelerator; everything is drive-by-wire, and this may be the source of the problems...stay tuned.

Regards, DPW [ Everything has limitations...and I hate limitations.]

ps; the CEO of Toyota gave another mechanical issue speech this morning. When he finished, he drove away in his Audi.

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Why is this not an issue in Europa? Is it because the american legs are more heavy, and cause more wear and tear on the linkage system

Duane P Wetick

Joined Apr 23, 2009
As of 2/2 (Groundhog day), Toyota has narrowed the fuel linkage problem to the feel-good pedal device that simulates the old mechanical linkage accelerator. Nothing has been said about the electronics part of this mechanism.

I've never owned a Toyota as every one I have ever looked at appeared to be a cheaply built throwaway beater car.

Duane P Wetick

Joined Apr 23, 2009
Even Mr. Apple computer (Steve Wozniak) himself is having trouble with his 2010 Prius accelerator and he thinks its a computer problem too. More to come...stay tuned.

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
Even Mr. Apple computer (Steve Wozniak) himself is having trouble with his 2010 Prius accelerator and he thinks its a computer problem too. More to come...stay tuned.

Let's hope Mr. Apply computer guru, Steve Wozniak, wasn't hired to do the computer systems in those cars! :D

Austin