What's the difference between RF and magnetic radiation?

skeptic

Joined Mar 7, 2010
The 200,000 amps I encountered produced 0.02 tesla. I am curious how many amps were used to produce 1 tesla. If it was less than 10 million amps, then I think it shows the field was concentrated in some way and that is the reason the field drops off so rapidly.

Yes the magnetic field does vary as the inverse of the cube of distance but even so, the strength of a 1 tesla field should still be significant beyond 2 meters.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
The 200,000 amps I encountered produced 0.02 tesla. I am curious how many amps were used to produce 1 tesla. If it was less than 10 million amps, then I think it shows the field was concentrated in some way and that is the reason the field drops off so rapidly.

Yes the magnetic field does vary as the inverse of the cube of distance but even so, the strength of a 1 tesla field should still be significant beyond 2 meters.
We generate a uniform 1T field over about 3 linear feet (6 inches between coils) using a 30V 200A power supply. This is a special saddle coil configuration designed to bend ion beams. To generate 1T open field would take a lot unless it's superconducting.