What's it called?

Daylat$shrt

Joined Feb 25, 2008
I'm trying to find a product and don't know what it's called so I can't get good hits on the internet.

What I need is an electronic, 12v. dc, sealed (water resistant), button activated, switch that rotates through four terninals. I want to send an imput of < 1A. to the first light, or push the button again and the power goes to the second light, same for the third and on the forth push it goes to an unconnected terminal for "off". Repeat.

What is this called and where might I look for one, please.

I'm way over my head on a product development and lack resources in this field.

Thanks a bunch.

Ron

bmn

Joined Feb 25, 2008
Must be a Solenoid Stepper Switch, or Electric rotary stepping switch. It used to be a common device for electromechanical telephone stations. To control it remotely trhough the wires with series of pulses they used to use the Electromechanical Rotary Dial which was driven by muscle power of human hands.

John Luciani

Joined Apr 3, 2007
What I need is an electronic, 12v. dc, sealed (water resistant), button activated, switch that rotates through four terninals. I want to send an imput of < 1A. to the first light, or push the button again and the power goes to the second light, same for the third and on the forth push it goes to an unconnected terminal for "off". Repeat.
It's called a stepper relay. You may want to use logic and standard relays to
emulate one. Checkout the app-note at http://www.chipset-v.ru/pdf/37/03705118.pdf
There may be more information on the NAIS website.

(* jcl *)