what windows are require to install matlab 2016a

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Presumably you need a 32-bit operating system capable of handling 16-bit software. Win7 or earlier should do it.
This may help.

Last edited:

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
That error is very common when trying to run old 32-bit programs on native 64bit Windows. You can try one of the compatibility modes or if you have a processor that supports hardware virtualization and one of the higher levels of Win7-64 , you can probably get it to run in the WindowsXP virtual machine that those versions of Windows support.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
+
That error is very common when trying to run old 32-bit programs on native 64bit Windows. You can try one of the compatibility modes or if you have a processor that supports hardware virtualization and one of the higher levels of Win7-64 , you can probably get it to run in the WindowsXP virtual machine that those versions of Windows support.
+1 to compatibility mode. Had to do that to Counter Strike 1.5 last week in Win7-64, set it to Win98 just in case. Works fine now.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
+

+1 to compatibility mode. Had to do that to Counter Strike 1.5 last week in Win7-64, set it to Win98 just in case. Works fine now.
That's pretty cool if it handles games, too. I confess that I've not had too much success with 'compatibility mode' but glad you did. I use VM for several old projects but actually prefer a couple of old laptops with XP and Win98 and DOS for those hard cases.