What program do YOU use for schematic design?

cruki

Joined Jul 6, 2004
Can anyone tell me if you can use a microcontroller model in an Orcad PSpice simulation?
This means that the uC is running a program (.hex or something).
I didn't find any uC model and maybe I don't have the complete program or it just simply cannot do this.
Example:
I want to control a servo-mechanism with an uC which is connected to a sensor presure.
The uC has some data to compare with the ones given by the sensor and must give the command according to my programing.

Thanks

fskalka

Joined Jul 7, 2004
Generally, I use Orcad 7.1 for Schem capture, VDHL (almost any editor) for FPGA, ModelSim for simulation, and vendor specific tools for FPGA/CPLD design. I haven't actually laid out a PCB yet, but there is an interesting program (under development) called AutoTrax at www.autotraxeda.com (not the old protel stuff). Get on the forum. The product is under development with lots of comments.
Also, www.freepcb.com is free, with source code, although with limited capabilities.

Semyazza

Joined Jun 25, 2005
I use micro-cap primarily at school (my professor is obsessed with it). At home I use electronics workbench multisim 7, micro-cap(it really is good), and once in a while I mess around with pspice.

Originally posted by Dave@Jun 29 2004, 01:01 PM
I have updated my version of Acrobat Reader and now get the message "File not found" when I Open or Save the download.

Any ideas?
[post=1844]Quoted post[/post]​
If using windows ME or below do not use Acrobat reader 5.0 or above
If using windows XP You may have to try downgrading you acrobat reader 5.0 to or 6.0 I would reccomend 5.0

I've Found That many of the versions are the same in function except for program mods here and there.

When you install new software be sure to keep a copy of the old software at hand.

When you download New software Try using Free Download Manager It accelerates your downloads, Google FDM to find it (Don't Use it without a 1.0 GhZ Proccesor)

Lots of this is based on experiance.

A.K.A I have Win 95, 98 English and Chinese ,ME, XP, English and Chinese

Good Luck

No Garuntees

Do share!! :D

I downloaded a program called SwitchCAD from the Linear Technolgies site - its a little bulky compared to the CAD programs I have used before and is somewhat limited in its applications. Certainly worth a look though.
Dear Mr. Dave,

Can you please indicate the Web Address of the Site wherefrom you have downloaded the program called SwitchCAD. I am not able to locate the Website.

Regards,

R.Thiyagarajan

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Dear Mr. Dave,

Can you please indicate the Web Address of the Site wherefrom you have downloaded the program called SwitchCAD. I am not able to locate the Website.

Regards,

R.Thiyagarajan
This was about 2 and 1/2 years ago so I cannot even remember much about the program. Perhaps they've changed the name, else its a typo on my part, but its now called SwitcherCAD and you will need to go to here to get it. I can offer no advice on this package since it will have been updated since I last used it and the feature set may be (very) different - they may not be same package at all.

For information you should also look at this site.

If its software for schematic layout diagrams, then TinyCAD has been recommended frequently here in recent months.

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I dont know how easy it is to get a copy of it though...
If you're talking about SwitcherCAD, there is a direct download here. From having a look at the Linear Technologies website, I'm not sure how similar this was to the original SwitchCAD application I looked at some years back.

Dave

Do share!! :D

I downloaded a program called SwitchCAD from the Linear Technolgies site - its a little bulky compared to the CAD programs I have used before and is somewhat limited in its applications. Certainly worth a look though.
Hi Dave,

I could not ocate exactly and downloaded the program called SwitchCAD from the Linear Technolgies site. Can you pl. indicate website address?

R.Thiyagarajan