What Need to consider when Replacing Trace antenna to SMD antenna?

Praveen02

Joined Dec 1, 2018
I am working on Nordic board I need to replace a Trace antenna to SMD type antenna what I need to consider while replacing? The antenna is 2.4GHz.

I am working on Nordic board I need to replace a Trace antenna to SMD type antenna what I need to consider while replacing? The antenna is 2.4GHz.
Hi Praveen02,

I would start considering the below points:

1) Matching network that feeds the antenna. With a wrong matching network, the efficiency of the antenna might be destroyed.
2) Diagram pattern. Check that the with both antennas is similar, otherwise, your application might lose performance.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
If this is a product that has been FCC/CE certified to operate with the PCB trace antenna, the certification will not be valid with the chip antenna. Resubmission to the appropriate agency(ies) will be required prior to shipping the new configuration.

johnmike69

Joined Jan 26, 2019
Hi, my question is also the same, I have an antenna for 4G CAT1 serial modem, Now I need to connect with them! What I need to consider when replacing.