Forum Suggestion What kind of links are allowed?

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Hi,

I know that links to non-commercial websites (my blog, for instance) are not allowed. So, what links are allowed?

Also, I'm thinking about posting about my projects in the projects collection. However, there are resources (eagle projects and gerber files) that are only available via the relevant project post on my blog. What should be done in this case (I don't want to attach them here, as I will only make available schematic and layout pdfs)? Will a reference like "Google for... if you want to..." be sufficient? Also, are links to projects/boards hosted on OSH Park allowed?

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

We do not allow commercial links and links for site promotion.
This promotion can be a blog or youtube channel.

Bertus

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Thanks, Bertus. Would links to some post inside my blog be okay, for reference in the completed projects section? This would be in the context of the project, as a link to resources. But it is kind of a gray area, as it can be considered self-promotion.

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
To me I wouldn't care if you linked to your blog "Personally" as long as it helped others here with electronic advice, how to's or education that could further someone's learning here. That being said I wouldn't want the read your life's story or day to day thoughts about something I'm not interested in !
If you hit your Avatar/Profile button "top right" you can start a blog here if that's what you want........ Type away !
Brzrkr

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Pack everything into .zip files, then tell people in the post what is in them. A lot of folk are leery of .zip, to get then they will just have to trust you. Not sure how we would handle a user uploading an infected file, to the best of my knowledge it has never happened on AAC.