What is your/your kids favorite electronic toy?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I know brass has all those features. I guess my awe is that there seem to be so few alternatives.
Hey, guns and ammo is an old science. There has been lots of experimentation. Always seems to come back to the tried and true -- and cheap and reliable.

There is a heck of a lot more variation in the actual projectiles themselves -- from basic old lead all the way up to depleted uranium. And shapes and construction -- full/partial/no jacket, fragmentation, expanding, explosive, armor piercing, tracer, etc.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
...and cheap and reliable.
I should point out that "cheap" is an absolute necessity, especially for those of us who expect our guns to successfully protect us when necessary. If a weapon is prohibitively expensive to practice with, it will be not be a reliable "partner" when the s*** hits the fan. Only through exhaustive and continuous practice can one become proficient enough to hit a target under extreme duress -- a time when your mind is bound to stop working and only muscle memory will save you. Cheap, commonly available ammo types make this possible.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Think I might have an addition to my adult favorites list: chainsaw. Never used one before today. Gotta say, I feel like lunberjacking could be a satisfying job if it payed.

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Think I might have an addition to my adult favorites list: chainsaw. Never used one before today. Gotta say, I feel like lunberjacking could be a satisfying job if it payed.
If you have a god back and reasonable safety sense plus a way to haul branches easily, freelancing as a part time arborist/general tree trimmer can make some pretty easy money.

Lots of people have smaller jobs that don't take a lot of skill or work that are a bit too small of jobs for teh big tree trimmer business people to deal with.