What is this thing (Looks like a loop in a box) ...#2


Joined Jan 23, 2018
It is definitely a tuned cavity bandpass filter. That one looks like it is for the 100 to 200 megahertz range. It may have been used between the antenna and a receiver to avoid interference.

Thread Starter


Joined Jul 19, 2021
Yes it was connected between the antenna and what I believe is a transceiver, I will try to post a picture of it. I was just intrigued by it. As you can tell I am not in this field, I have messed around with communications but I had never seen this.