What is this gadget called?

Thread Starter


Joined Oct 16, 2015
I wish to buy a pair from eBay: what is this gadget called, I can't find it anywhere? Is it a wire/cable grip/clasp/claw? In the photo attached, I show it with the "grip" withdrawn, and with the "grip" open.ZZZ.JPG


Joined May 23, 2013
If you live in the U.K, Maplins, or CPC sell multimeter leads with a simple retractable hook at the end.
Maplin stock no. for sub miniature probe clips are FE16s black, FE19v red.
miniature probe clips are N60BY for black, N61BY for red.
Large probe clips are N62BY black, N63BY red.
10 amp 100mm Test hook probes are N58KQ for a pair, one black, one red.