What is this for?

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
It's a full wave rectified isolated power supply. The lamp holder is connected in series with the input to the two parallel connected transformer primaries. The two transformer secondaries are connected in parallel and are feeding the four selenium rectifiers connected as a bridge. The meter is for indicating current and is in series with the negative output. It is not a commercial product so I have no idea what it was built for

plaid_commander

Joined Apr 30, 2024
It's a full wave rectified isolated power supply. The lamp holder is connected in series with the input to the two parallel connected transformer primaries. The two transformer secondaries are connected in parallel and are feeding the four selenium rectifiers connected as a bridge. The meter is for indicating current and is in series with the negative output. It is not a commercial product so I have no idea what it was built for
Wow, thanks! It sure sounds like you know what your talking about, but I don't. It's a power supply? I think my great grandfather built it. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!