What is the difference between an E-TDA7379 and a 'TDA7379'

Tol-Eric

Joined Jan 16, 2023
Beginner here, I am planning to replace a TDA7375 with a TDA7379 but the only one available is E-TDA7379 and not TDA7379. I'm wondering if they are identical and I can order the E-TDA7379.

thank you,
Tol

geekoftheweek

Joined Oct 6, 2013
This is outside my experience, but out of curiosity I looked up the parts. Every line on Digikey matches between the two parts other than the part number. Unfortunately it does not list a datasheet for either one.
My guess is the difference is a manufacturing change (process, materials, who knows....) and the parts are identical otherwise in form and function.

Tol-Eric

Joined Jan 16, 2023
This is outside my experience, but out of curiosity I looked up the parts. Every line on Digikey matches between the two parts other than the part number. Unfortunately it does not list a datasheet for either one.
My guess is the difference is a manufacturing change (process, materials, who knows....) and the parts are identical otherwise in form and function.
Thank you for looking into this.
Here's what I am trying to accomplish. I have an old desktop amplified speaker and will need to swap out the TDA7375 to support two bridged stereo channels. I have a 150 Watts laptop power supply I can use. It's a Dell 19.5 DC (7.7A) so it should have enough juice to power the two 8 Ohm JBL's full-range speakers.