What is difference between LM723 an uA723.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
From memory, uA was originally Fairchild Semiconductor and LM was originally National Semiconductor.
These days its hard to keep track of who bought who out - there's probably no more than about half-dozen left of the original brand names now.

Recently I picked up a few 1.5Tb Seagate drives cheap, I wasn't happy about Seagate's reputation for atrocious reliability, but they'd been well run in on a RAID box so I decided to take the risk.

The diagnostics I've run on those drives report that they're actually Samsung.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
These days its hard to keep track of who bought who out - there's probably no more than about half-dozen left of the original brand names now.
I was just thinking the same... Most of the brands I "grew up" with (Fairchild, Signetics, Motorola, National Semiconductor) are gone. Maybe someone will make a chart of mergers and acquisitions like they did for companies in the Silicon Valley; though for the one I'm thinking of, it was spin offs...

mahammadmahdi

Joined Aug 9, 2015
i want built the power supply by lm723 and ca3140 and two 2n3055 for regulatur current neither voltage. 32v-5A .its to shematic was ua723 but to text guide was lm723. after of search in two data sheet. very like was in characteristics . ofcourse lm723 is very much to shops my country.
again thanks of dears.