What is a "Progressive Output"?

Sherri

Joined Mar 31, 2018
Hello All!
Could someone please explain to me what a "Progressive Output" is? I have never heard of such a thing, and can't find anything with a browser search.

Thank you in advance,
Sherri

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hello All!
Could someone please explain to me what a "Progressive Output" is? I have never heard of such a thing, and can't find anything with a browser search.

Thank you in advance,
Sherri
We need some context, otherwise we are just guessing. Are you talking about video formats (like nsaspook is guessing), or outputs of an amplifier, or a coding scheme, or what?

People seldom just go looking for something they've never heard of, so the question of why you are looking for it (what led you to conduct a search in the first place) would give us some useful clues as to what you are talking about.

Sherri

Joined Mar 31, 2018
We need some context, otherwise we are just guessing. Are you talking about video formats (like nsaspook is guessing), or outputs of an amplifier, or a coding scheme, or what?

People seldom just go looking for something they've never heard of, so the question of why you are looking for it (what led you to conduct a search in the first place) would give us some useful clues as to what you are talking about.

As originally read here:
https://www.onedirt.com/features/pr...ebVNDWg5rGjkrL2y7HiBBJOVX-NIODIwhaaxhKh5tNpD8

Sorry for the lack of supplied data.
Sherri

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
As originally read here:
https://www.onedirt.com/features/pr...ebVNDWg5rGjkrL2y7HiBBJOVX-NIODIwhaaxhKh5tNpD8

Sorry for the lack of supplied data.
Sherri
I suspect that the context has nothing to do with mainstream electronics.

The context is taken from traction control on drag racing cars.
"Progressive output" appears to be some kind of method whereby some kind of output changes under certain situations.

The term "progressive output" is not a term encountered in any field of electronics that I am aware of.

I suspect the term is an invention of the owner of the company associated with the promotion of traction control devices.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I agree with MrChips. It strikes me as a made up term for marketing -- no one can nail him down on whether it does or doesn't have "progressive output" since he's the one that gets to say what the heck it even is if he ever gets his back pushed up against a wall.