What is a Hybrid Parameter

auliafira

Joined Jan 18, 2018
Hello guys, can you explain about the hybrid parameter? When I'm search about a hybrid parameter, I don't really get what exactly is a hybrid model. I've found that a hybrid parameter was come from a linear transistor analysis and it related to a matrics. Is it true, or maybe I'm just don't really get what the article say.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hybrid just means that the vector contains a current and a voltage. In the first diagram you have a current vector which is turned into a voltage vector and the elements of the matrix are impedances with units of ohms. In the second diagram you have a voltage vector which is transformed into a current vector and the elements of the matrix are admitances with units of mhos (siemens). In the 3rd and 4th diagrams you have a vector containing a current and a voltage that are transformed into a vector with a voltage and a current or vice versa.

The units of a hybrid parameter are whatever they need to be so that after the multiplication and summation operation the result has the necessary units. For example h11 has units of impedance because it is multiplied by i1. h12 is dimensionless because it is multiplied by v2. The sum of the two terms is v1 which has units of volts.