What happened to Roman Black?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
AAC forum template pissed him off so he quit forums altogether? He was/is an inventor and from reading through Cnczone, it looks like he got a lot of sales through staying active on that forum. He disappeared there the same time he did here.

I searched and searched CNCzone looking for a thread that matches @shortbus description but no luck.
He was also talking about NSA* monitoring (remember that?) and threatening to go "off grid".
*and UK & Australian & Canadian equivalents.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
The plot thickens!
Max.

Reply:http://www.vhipe.com/
Thank you for your support.

Please post your question and I will pass it on to Roman for an answer. :)

Best regards

J.
Hmmm.... what was your "question?"
"Is Roman dead?"
Or did you make up some technical question that only Roman could answer, to get them to contact him?

Their reply implies that he is alive.
Or that they don't know he's dead.
Or that they intend to answer on his behalf under the false pretense that he the one actually answering.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Hmmm.... what was your "question?"
"Is Roman dead?"
Or did you make up some technical question that only Roman could answer, to get them to contact him?

Their reply implies that he is alive.
Or that they don't know he's dead.
Or that they intend to answer on his behalf under the false pretense that he the one actually answering.
In other words, it was almost a non-reply...

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I don't really see any reason why they would not mention it if he had passed on?
Max.
Well if they're selling things that he designed, that may be patented/copyrighted, and he's dead, then the patent/copyright might be toast and they don't want people to know that.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I think the romanblack.com hosting server blacklisted me yesterday after too many attempts to login via FTP as anonymous.
Today I was able to access it again and tried a different program called WinHTTrack. The other program didn't work. WinHTTrack worked better, but still missing some files. I know it's missing files because I also downloaded the site yesterday on my phone using the android version of HTTrack and there were 4 errors, and the file size was ~360Mb. On my PC today there were 7 errors and the file size was 75mB. I'm trying again now, hopefully if I do this enough times I'll end up with all the files and be able to copy them all to 1 folder and have the complete website.