What function generator would you guys recommend for a cyamatics rig?

Nitin Chetla

Joined Feb 10, 2016
So, I have a high school project, and I am wondering what function generator you guys would recommend for a cyamatics rig. I already have around 200 watt amp which is connected to a subwoofer speaker. The function generator should send frequency hertz waves that go through the amplifier for amplification and then tones need to produced by the speaker.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

If you need a preamp depends on the sensitivity of the power amplifier.
In audacity you can use the menu generate for several types of sounds to be generated.

Bertus

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
So, I have a high school project, and I am wondering what function generator you guys would recommend for a cyamatics rig. I already have around 200 watt amp which is connected to a subwoofer speaker. The function generator should send frequency hertz waves that go through the amplifier for amplification and then tones need to produced by the speaker.
20685 from Jameco Electronics. About $30.00. Built around an 8038 you can buy for less that $10.

Attachments

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Dang, they have been around a long time, haven't they.
I have to try it in these days to make sure are they alright or not, I just thought that the old components have a long life, except the lcd display, it is really sad because they are easy damaged.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Hi,

Yes I looked at it, but I thought distortion might be a problem. The laptop wouldn't make an accurate enough signal, but I might be wrong. Any thoughts?
If your talking in the 'audio' range, I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't be able to measure the amount the tones would be off accuracy. Some people use them for musical instrument tuning.