what does electronics engineers do

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
hi
i want to know what does electronics engineer do in telecommunication ,rf design and control system
what is future for electronics engineer

Mark_T

Joined Feb 7, 2012
Good electronics engineers get well paid, depends on your country, they are also well sought after so future is good. What do they do, well they design electronics to perform to what someone wants, design it for manufacture, check it for safety, write its specification, fault find it when it goes wrong, redesign out faults and in enchancements, and if your working with electronic sensors then an appreciation of all other sciences is useful. Oh and of course programing....I could go on... its diverse

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I would not recommend EE to anybody I know. The last ten yaers I worked at national semiconductor, every new hire into my group was filled by Chinese nationals (citizens) here on B1-B visas. Not about racism, it's about getting people who work for half what they do here. And most engineering functions are gradually being shipped offshore, the field is dying before our eyes.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I would not recommend EE to anybody I know. The last ten yaers I worked at national semiconductor, every new hire into my group was filled by Chinese nationals (citizens) here on B1-B visas. Not about racism, it's about getting people who work for half what they do here. And most engineering functions are gradually being shipped offshore, the field is dying before our eyes.
Sad but true. My last job was offshored.

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
thanks for every response
i know that, for developing devise engineer specify the requirement and test component and interconnected component to produce final design
but i don't know how they actually work in different area like telecommunications, power electronics ,circuit design

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
85% of electronics design is done with DSP and MCU these days. You can't buy a coffee maker that does not have PIC or AVR in it any more (a slight exaggeration, but not by much). Not the old DIP type either. Moslty QFN, MLF or QFP. Of course there are also the FPGA and CPLD methods too. These are usually utilized to combine IP cores of DSP and MCU units into those custom ULSI devices during development. In the end they wind up in uber cool ASICs. Construction is all about SMT too. Familiarity with all the different JEDEC SMD packages, like BGA, SOT, SOIC, SOP, MELF and so on that go into making up the typical SMA.

So, I think the best clue is to learn all the MLAs (multi-letter acronyms)
:)