What circuit simulation software would you recommend?

abdulwahab.hajar

Joined Jun 14, 2016
Hello everyone

I'm a 2nd year electrical engineering student, and I've been working on some projects and my main simulation software that I was using was NI MULTISIM, but I honestly see it as lacking in many areas.
Now, I'm in my summer holiday and I'd like to learn some new programs...
So, what circuit simulation software would you recommend, I want something has a huge array of libraries and is pretty accurate.

Thank you all

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
LTspice, as used by many on this site. Free from Linear Technology. The Yahoo LTspice User Group has free downloads of libraries of additional models and can offer help.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
LTspice, as used by many on this site. Free from Linear Technology. The Yahoo LTspice User Group has free downloads of libraries of additional models and can offer help.
Ditto. It has a bit of a learning curve to get started and un-intuitive interface but you get used to it. I do not regret the time spent learning it. It's a fantastic tool to have. Not only can you draw out a schematic but you get a simulation of your circuit to boot. Simulations aren't perfect but it can save you a lot of time at the breadboard or doing your own calculations.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015