What a pathetic Super Bowl so far

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
8,009
I did not hear the anthem, but I heard it was sung by professional opera singer. This explains the quality.
She hit the high notes in the cold weather with no effort at all. She did take it very slowly and she added a few artistic embellishments to make it a bit non-standard. I didn't mind in her case because of the obvious quality and classy presentation.
 

Thread Starter

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
7,830
She hit the high notes in the cold weather with no effort at all. She did take it very slowly and she added a few artistic embellishments to make it a bit non-standard. I didn't mind in her case because of the obvious quality and classy presentation.
It was probably the most beautiful rendition of the Anthem that I have ever heard. She could have toned down the ending a bit but outside of that it was fantastic. People were so quiet up the the end. I think they were in awe. I really hate it when people start cheering several stanzas before the end.

Light years better than Rosanne Barr's rendition. I wish there was a penalty for butchering the Anthem. I would have given here 20 years. I have always thought he was disgusting and she proved in in front of the whole country, I have no idea what those organizers were thinking.

And BTW I do really love opera. I regret going when I was traveling Italy but there just wasn't time and I doubt the towns were I stayed would be big enough to support one. I like it when I hear it, I would love to learn more. Maybe there is an opera appreciation class near hear. I need to check it out.
 

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
1,157
I think Roseanne did somewhat (deservedly IMO) fade away after that. :rolleyes:

Some things you just DON"T mess with!
 
Last edited:
Top