Wendy's shopping list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I often add a MOSFET to my order, also electrolytic capacitors. Of course it’s hard to guess which ones you’ll need but they’re practically free once the freight is paid. Maybe a couple opamps, timers or counters.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I pretty well have that covered. I built up a really deep POP (Pile Of Parts) before my stroke. All nicely inventoried and labeled.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I think Schottky rectifiers mainly belong in switching power supply for speed and also efficiency. I don't think very many switching supply topologies call for diode bridges on their output. Somebody is sure to show exceptions to that thinking, but that was conclusion after doing a search of a small distributor in Bangkok.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Anyone know where I might get a SOT23 breakout board for protoboards? I am finding this package style is the only choice for components more and more.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Anyone know where I might get a SOT23 breakout board for protoboards? I am finding this package style is the only choice for components more and more.
I buy them from Ali Express; around 4 cents each the last time I bought them:
1617990514720.png
The leadframes shown on the lower row of adapters cost about a dime each when you can find them. Right angle 0.025" square headers would be cheaper.

Some seem to think header pins are too large for solderless breadboards, but #22 wire has a diameter of 0.0254". That makes headers more than acceptable IMO.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
So I just ordered both the breakout boards and more LM4041s from Ali Express. I'll use wire on the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.