We were hacked

imported_jrap

Joined Sep 10, 2003
The forum was hacked last night by someone. Although it is an inconvenience, No data was lost.

Due to the recent hacking, I have upgraded the boards to the latest version of InvisionBoard, hoping that it provides more security. As you can already tell, the forums look a lot different. The 'skin' that was used for the older boards is currently not available for the new version. I will be experimenting with a few different skins., so please give me some feedback.

If you find anything not working like it use to, please let me know!

Thanks

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

Nice to know the kiddies can still show off.

I like the look, but the load time on my slow rural modem is slower. Will someone please put some range into the Rf end?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi all!

First post in a while, mainly due to work commitments and a holiday (much needed!!) and I come back and.....the boards have changed!

Must say love it! Its a welcome change from the old boards, and blue and while is the colour of my footy team :D

A bit miffed at the hack, what exactly happened?

Dave

imported_jrap

Joined Sep 10, 2003
Originally posted by beenthere+Sep 12 2004, 07:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(beenthere @ Sep 12 2004, 07:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hi,

Nice to know the kiddies can still show off.

I like the look, but the load time on my slow rural modem is slower. Will someone please put some range into the Rf end?
[post=2504]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

Sorry to hear that the site loads slower. I'm not sure what I can do about this..hmm. There is actually a 'lo-fi' version of the forums (http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/lofiversion/index.php), although it's primarily just for viewing, there are no Reply options.

<!--QuoteBegin-Dave
@Sep 15 2004, 04:16 PM
Hi all!

First post in a while, mainly due to work commitments and a holiday (much needed!!) and I come back and.....the boards have changed!

Must say love it! Its a welcome change from the old boards, and blue and while is the colour of my footy team :D

A bit miffed at the hack, what exactly happened?

Dave
[post=2534]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Welcome back Dave! Hope you enjoyed your holiday!

About the hack, i'm still not exactly sure. I have a feeling that somehow the kiddie figured out my password, and changed the board to display something like: "Hack by xxxxxxx (VietNam)"

I did find out his IP, and have since banned it from accessing the server.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Cheers jrap, I did enjoy my holiday!

Good to see you've managed to track the IP of the hacker, I assume this hack is the reason your AAC ID has been reset.

I am now beginning to really get used to the new forum layout - top stuff :D