We Don't Plan Bad Things,We react To Them

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
We have first responders to react to bad things any where

in the world. I guess first responders go back along ways.

Untill someone was bothered by another party,it was every

day live.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
The problem with disaster planning is they always train for one type of disaster, such as earthquake or fire or flood. If one or more hits them, they aren't sure how to prioritize. If an unkown hits, they aren't much of a help at all.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
same for assessing risks - they look at what happened before and convince public and themselves that they are prepared for everything that can possibly happen until a new one strikes. Of course you cannot predict the future but at least do not say that your strategies are full-proof to pacify the markets and push risky projects through.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
We are colleral damage,test on humans,too much cancer. Are you worth the care,
that in our future.The water supply,every body of water,even the beaches have
days that you not allowed to go into the water.What do we do about that,nothing.
We call the people that warn us nuts.

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ Thatoneguy,the first responders I was talking about

was not trained ones.It has been people that has said

we have had enough of this ........ and reacted to it.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
@ Thatoneguy,the first responders I was talking about

was not trained ones.It has been people that has said

we have had enough of this ........ and reacted to it.
There's one clear example of how different cultures rebound quicker than others.

Japan: Hit by huge earthquake, big cities wiped off the map, cars on top of 3 story buildings... Everybody that can helps clean up and get stuff moving again. 6 months later, the roads are cleared 80% of the junk is gone, one or maybe 2 blocks have remaining junk relatively neatly piled. Half the roads have been resurfaced, and most are back to their work.

US: Hurricane hits New Orleans. Thousands expect "the government" to come in and save everything within a couple days. Money in the form of Visa gift cards are given out to victims so they can eat and get a hotel or something, most go and buy a big screen TV and go back to the superdome to complain about how the food tastes. Today, many years later, people are still living in trailers that were designed to last 6 months to 1 year max. People that were moved to TX never moved back. "The Government" had to pay for 100% of the rubble removal and rebuilding of New Orleans. Same Hurricane hits Georgia, it's not on the news because their reaction was similar to the Japanese, the people living there saw a problem and fixed it, they didn't beg for food or money, though they were paid as "emergency assistants", which, compared to NOLA, is a huge step up.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
New Orleans,a dream city..SachMo...Blueberry Hill....The Super Dome...

Burbon Street.....Lake porch and train ..by Willie Nelson my Grey Hound

ride thru there at midnight....75 miles of bad road to StrevePort...dark

and dangerous..girls telling the driver they were raped,he just kept on

Rolling...the girls never run to the front of the bus...and the restroom

was in the rear. ..more to come...crossing the line into Texas,where

they don,t have cab's, they call you driver to keep you alive until you

......more to come.....

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
had some flash flooding in my hood today. I go to work around lunch time; when I left the house I had to drive through 9" of water in my corolla to get out of my subdivision. bridges between here and work were under water. passed a dozen stalled cars and trucks along the 4 mile trip to work. later on, around rush hour, I was back on the road and it was gridlock. people trying to find their way home via shortcuts through different subdivisions because all the main roads were flooded. at one point I rolled down my windows and heard sirens from 4 different directions. It felt like an evacuation but it wasn't. people are down right retarded sometimes. won't slow down, will try to drive through 3 feet of water when everybody else goes around it. get tired of waiting at crossroads so they pull out and block traffic until an opening comes. plenty of work for the first responders and tow truckers today.

I just realized that I didn't capitalize a single sentence there, but I did capitalize "I" every time.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
New Orleans,a dream city..SachMo...Blueberry Hill....The Super Dome...

Burbon Street.....Lake porch and train ..by Willie Nelson my Grey Hound

ride thru there at midnight....75 miles of bad road to StrevePort
Loosie, couldn't find those places on any map of Loosie Anna ? Are they more of your copyrighted words? I'm copyrighting "Loosie Anna", 1/10/12 copyright shortbus

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
National Guard is supposed to be the catch all of first responders in a emergency by land air or sea. Then you have Coast Guard, swat teams, ham radio operators, even to the guy who buys 10 chainsaws from the pawnshop and drives them to the distaster site and resells them for no profit.