Watering system - 12 pumps, sensors and wireless capabilities

Ctech83

Joined Jul 21, 2016
Hi,

Over the past few months I've finalised the first phase of my first ever project. Over the past 2-3 weeks my watering system have kept my 9 plants alive, but I see some improvement areas. First of I currently utilise 3 pumps to deliver water to 9 plants, this isn't working too well as the plants dont get equal amount of water. Next step is therefore to expand so that I have one pump and one moisture sensor per plant (I'll start with 12), add a Real time Clock so that I can record the time a plant receive water (analysis), storage (SD) to store all sensor measurements and water activities, and nRF2401 to be able to wirelessly transfer the stored sensor data (eg. once a day or every 2 days).

To plan for the new features I've drawn up the Schematics in Fritzing (first time I've done this, so please advice if I should do things differently eg. wire colors, layout, comments), before starting to build this it would be great with some input. I haven't found any errors yet, but Im sure there are some.

The design is based on an Atmega2560 board, with two power supplies. One 12 V (8 x AA batteries) and a 5V (6V) (4 x AA batteries), the former is powering the 12 V pumps, and the 5V is powering the atmega and the sensors etc.

As I am fairly new to the game, please advice on anything you believe is useful.