Water level project circuit help needed

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
You didn't see it because it was mine. Better only if the probe wires could be kept apart over their full length. I don't think you said, or I missed, how long your 6-part, stacked probe will be.

Ken

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
What if I was to put the drive and detect part of the circuit closer to the probes, if not even within a few inches of them
I think that will be essential. The long wires should carry only DC power or the quasi-DC detector output signal.

TwoTon

Joined Aug 6, 2015
You didn't see it because it was mine. Better only if the probe wires could be kept apart over their full length. I don't think you said, or I missed, how long your 6-part, stacked probe will be.

Ken
The entire length of the probe pipe will be 21', where the bottom probe will be. Then another 4', from the top of the probe pipe, to the box that will house the transistors, time delay portion, and analog portion.

Actual distance from the bottom probe to the top one is 16'.

TwoTon

Joined Aug 6, 2015
I put the drive/detect portion on a small board, ran the 25' cable I was using before(shielded one, just because it has 4 conductors and I need 3), and it works like a champ. I hooked the led portion(for indication) up to pin 10. No funky issues with the other circuits on or off. Of course, they are still on the board and not separated like this one, but I have to get more IC's before I can separate them all.

Looks like its going to be fine though. I will go ahead and get parts in to build the probe pole and rebuild/separate the circuits. I sure did spend a lot of time with the one board only to have to reconfigure it. Should have put it all on a breadboard first..........

More to come next week I am sure. Thanks again and again.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
"I sure did spend a lot of time with the one board only to have to reconfigure it. Should have put it all on a breadboard first.........."

Welcome to the world of electronics design. ;)

Ken