WATER LEVEL INDICATOR FOR TANKS

makhan0066

Joined Jan 31, 2005
:rolleyes: hi, i m looking for a simple and precise circuit for my overhead water tank. it will sound or light when water is higher over any point to prevent overflow.

similarly same can be done for water going down some point for alert to fill the tank again, thanks bye.. aamir khan

Brandon

Joined Dec 14, 2004
Originally posted by makhan0066@Jan 31 2005, 08:14 AM
:rolleyes: hi, i m looking for a simple and precise circuit for my overhead water tank. it will sound or light when water is higher over any point to prevent overflow.

similarly same can be done for water going down some point for alert to fill the tank again, thanks bye.. aamir khan
[post=4941]Quoted post[/post]​
Don't really need a circuit to detect this. A simple float control would be fine. Check your local Home Depot or hardware store. So many things use float controls from toilets to bilge pumps, you can probably find something build for yoru needs already.

awright

Joined Jul 5, 2006
You can also get completely passive float-controlled valves and do away with the alarm and lights. They are used for, among other things, filling stock watering troughs. I don't know your water or materials supply situation or the freezing risk, but you could probably easily adapt a toilet tank fill valve to the task.

awright