wasted water

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
It could be in preparation for redrilling to greater depth or just some maintenance.
They have been working on it intermittently all summer; early on, they installed a new pump motor. If they are about to drill deeper, I may have to cut back on my water usage

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Tracecom,

I would have thought something like that would have been in your local newspaper. At my last unit, our well was 280 feet down. The pressure was low and when I had someone come look at it, they pulled the pump and found it was wired incorrectly. My last unit was brand new ... by brand new I mean it was an empty building and within a couple of months we were transmitting. The water pressure was addressed afterwards.

Waste is in the eye of the beholder. Who decided that the current volume of water was sufficient to do the job? Of course if you really want to go green and not waste water, you'll need one of these.

With this caveat,
One should though factor in the cost of the saved water and not focus strictly on the purchase and installation costs.
it's readily apparent that your money is no object for those wanting to not waste water.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Today's news, Pasco County Florida. One residence billed for 614,000 gallons in 18 days. Water company says, "no mistake". Nasty water wasters! :mad:

LOL!

Do the math. 24 gallons per minute ran for 18 days, then silently repaired itself, leaving no trace of water and no sign of a leak.:rolleyes:

This is so impossible that it's funny. :p

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Today's news, Pasco County Florida. One residence billed for 614,000 gallons in 18 days. Water company says, "no mistake". Nasty water wasters! :mad:

LOL!

Do the math. 24 gallons per minute ran for 18 days, then silently repaired itself, leaving no trace of water and no sign of a leak.:rolleyes:

This is so impossible that it's funny. :p
I was once charged for 10,000 gallons in excess of my normal monthly usage. No leaks, nothing different than past months. The city insisted the meter was correct, and I had to pay. The next month, usage was back to normal.

Perhaps a neighbor filled his swimming pool from my spigot at night?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I suspect meter readers pencil whip numbers without checking, then when it catches up with them the consumer pays.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If he kept low balling the numbers there could be quite a gap when he actually took the reading.

Never attribute to malice where stupidity will suffice.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
It may be a colloquialism, but locally, the outer pipe (that lines the drilled hole) in a well is called the casing.
I cannot believe, tracecom, I suspected I knew that expression... Simply, "casing pipe", certainly common in the oil industry. I was surveyor in vessels loading them by thousands of tons for several years, working for the manufacturer!! Even I went to discharge some once to Guinea Ecuatorial. Quite an experience; even fun.

It seems that I have to pay more attention in the class room. :)

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
For those that have been posting here: does anyone have a minimal idea of how many liters of water do you need to take a shower with soap, shampoo and rinsing included?

In vessels, given that fresh water could be a critical thing, we took the pain to do some tests using 3 minutes as a reference.

Yes, there are domestic variations like, shaving (I do), washing underwear (I do), socks (I do not). They add but little.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
For those that have been posting here: does anyone have a minimal idea of how many liters of water do you need to take a shower with soap, shampoo and rinsing included?
Whe I lost my utilities in the great tornado breakout of 2010, and had to heat bath water with a camping stove and carry it into the shower, I did all that with about 8 liters of tepid water.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010

In vessels, given that fresh water could be a critical thing, we took the pain to do some tests using 3 minutes as a reference.

Yes, there are domestic variations like, shaving (I do), washing underwear (I do), socks (I do not). They add but little.
Capture.PNG