Was the Moon landing FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
The thrusters on the capsule were for steering and braking. Not much needed to break free of the moon's gravity. Meteorites enter the atmosphere all the time, which carry no fuel at all...

I do find it strange that nobody has thought to build a space station on the moon. There is some gravity, an abundance of building material. We landed a crew there 40 years ago, should be much simpler an cheaper to do now.

Sure my government does a few underhand things occasionally, but what government doesn't? Don't see my government putting all of money and time into faking the moon landing. The success wasn't really the reward, it was creating the technology to make it happen.

Also kind of surprised that my government hasn't gone down there and kicked some Mexican butt, since its the major entrance point of drugs, and other smuggled crap from around the world. A good portion of the border jumpers are also carrying junk across the border, some are criminals. We've gone into other countries to clean them up, why not Mexico? We still owe them one for the Alamo!
I don't think you meaning your government clean up anyting ever. Find me some info on how many schools or hospitals has your country build abroad.
Yes the US can fix the drugs problem in Mexico I mean all the Police knows who do it I mean they are the ones.
I will really apreciate if you guys want to open another thread about the Mexican problems.
By the way I am not Mexican I am from Spain I hope this helps.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
When you state "Also, the reputation of the American government since it existence for continuously making false statements and making up stories.", it goes beyond the truth or falsity of the moon landings.

I know the flat earth people deny the landings, as the photographs utterly disprove their contention that the earth is actually flat. Some of them may actually be serious about their disbelief of the world's spherical shape. They are whack jobs, and simply don't get much respect.

In terms of staging an elaborate hoax to overawe the USSR - it just wasn't necessary. We always had the means of nuking the commies (can't resist an archaic term) into nothingness with bombers. Besides, the functionality of ICBM's is quite evident. How the moon landings could have affected the arms race is not clear. I don't see that any points get scored there.

Does this mean that somebody earnestly feels as if no moon landing will ever be possible? There is evidence left behind, you know. Abandoned equipment, tracks, and a golf ball for instance.

Assume some country other than the U.S. mounts a moon expedition. If they find such evidence, does this mean they got paid a lot of money to help with the fake?

How about the retroreflector left in place that is used to measure the steadily decreasing distance between the earth and moon? Is that also being faked?

I would say that the deniers are simply doing some attention-seeking. When it's impossible to just pop over there and demonstrate the physical evidence, it's the easiest thing in the world to deny it ever happened. What hard evidence can they present?

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
I am not considered myself too intelligent but what about leaving something large enough only about 60 meters in order to be seen with a Telescope to prove it was real. Conveniently noone thought of that, hahaha.
Only the Hubble telescope can probably see the landings, why has it never been seen?
a 4 feet flag is a great thing hahaha.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
What, you seriously mean that some such artifact should have been part of one expedition so doubters could have been convinced? If a person is willing to disbelieve, no amount of evidence will make a difference.

Hubble hasn't seen the landings because they took place before Hubble was in orbit. Do you mean the landing sites? Possibly you can petition time on the Hubble to examine the moon's surface to look for traces.

Of course, if the time is refused, that makes your case. And if you do see tracks, what elaborate scheme will you say brought them about? Just obvious video fakery?

Is there some point here?

I watched the landing live on tv. I have never felt any doubt. I have even met an astronaut, who seemed a credible person. What is your problem with the events?

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
Great if you belive so, but really why didn't they unfolded something big enough for all humas kind to see. Yes people seems very credible until they lie but they never say they lie eventually it comes out. One day we will know for certain. But it is posible men landed on the moon I just don't buy from the source it comes from. The landing sites could be seen with the Hubble but they never did it. If I see a flag or something else like that with a telescope then I will believe.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The USA has it failures as well as it's successes live for all to see. We lost 3 good men in the Apollo program, burned to death. We learned much later after the event of the USSR casualties, it appears they didn't want their program up for public view as the United States. You do these men a major disservice.

The launch was public, very much so, again for all to see. We almost lost the lander because of a computer malfunction, televised the landings real time, and have shared the samples and data across the globe. What other country on Earth would have done this?

Methinks an anti USA bias IS showing, more to the detriment of the accuser. Especially when there are so many legitament things to complain about, but then, being an open society we (the United States) make it easy. Clean your own house before compaining about your neighbors. Or do you think you could get by with it?

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
I don't think you meaning your government clean up anyting ever. Find me some info on how many schools or hospitals has your country build abroad.
Yes the US can fix the drugs problem in Mexico I mean all the Police knows who do it I mean they are the ones.
I will really apreciate if you guys want to open another thread about the Mexican problems.
By the way I am not Mexican I am from Spain I hope this helps.
You can't be serious! We pass out cash all over the planet. What our military destroys, we generally rebuild. We are usually the first country to step up, and send in help when disasters strike, even Mexico (earthquakes, floods, hurricanes...). Maybe not in your tiny corner of the country for you to personally see, but there are plenty of American built schools, hospitals, and utilities.

We had the resources and built the technology to put a man on the moon, and the program keeps growing. Can't understand the point in trying to disprove the moon landing. It would probably take a greater effort to pull off such a hoax, than to actually make the trip. Every detail would need to stand up to scientific examination around the world. A lot of thought, careful planning, and very precise construction of the props. A hoax would have taken longer, and similar effort. Can't think of any reason why our government would go to the trouble. Doing it for real would have be simpler, more rewarding, less risky...

Ratch

Joined Mar 20, 2007
theamber,

My avatar said that you are WRONG in everthing, there is friction in space, while there is no air friction there are other types of friction even an orbiting satelite experience same friction, perpetual motion does not exist. Mechanical devices like motors or pumps still experience their usual internal friction.
It does not take any fuel to penetrate the earth atmosphere, explain why?
Hint, it even take fuel to make the ship warm enough to support life inside.
The size is irelevant... sorry but you are wrong again.
Wrong in everything? Get real. There is no friction in space that affects the ballistic trajectory of the rocket except during launch and recovery. That is what I was talking about. Didn't you realize that? No energy is needed to penetrate the Earth's atmosphere due to the extremely high gravitational potential energy. Didn't you realize that? A big object travels through vacuum space as freely as a large object once free of the atmosphere. Didn't you realize that? Wrong again? I was not even wrong the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratch
Can you name any government on this planet that does not fabricate, exaggerate, or dissemble? Can you even name any government that does so less than the U.S.?

Yes I can Japan.
No you cannot. Japan does not have as many global commitments as the US, but they still have their government scandals. And it wasn't until 1995 that they acknowledged that their soldiers committed atrocities agains the Chinese women during WWII. Others include http://www.greenpeace.org/international/news/whale-meat-scandal-150408
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/12/27/asia/AS_GEN_Japan_Minister_Resigns.php
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2004/may2004/japa-m31.shtml
http://www.faqs.org/abstracts/Busin...an-regulators-manage-to-contain-run-on-C.html
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003725458_japan29.html

You don't convince me, so here one person that believes the Moon landing was real.
The thing is that is possible to fake ANYTHING and mostly on television.
The other thing is that I don't believe people that constantly lie.
It was not just on TV. Thousands upon thousands watched the launch and just about every nation with a radar tracked the rocket going and coming back. You still have not explained how something that big and known to so many people could be kept secret for so long. Sure, everybody constantly lies, but not about something that big. They would eventually be found out by now.

Ratch

Ratch

Joined Mar 20, 2007
theamber,

I will add that at least Mexico does not create problems for the rest of the World does not make wars nor torture others but their own people and does not go to other countries to force them into their customs.

Note that I am not saying that Mexico is better to its own people than the US.
Besides this thread is not about Mexico or the US is about the Moon landing I will appreciate if you all stick to the subject, thanks.
The US solves a lot more problems than it creates. As for making war, true, Mexico did not go to Europe to fight against Hitler, or Sadamn, or Bosnia, or anywhere. Now when did the US force any other country to follow US customs? It appears that other countries are embracing US customs.

True, this thread is not about Mexico, but it was you who first cast aspersions on the US in your very first post of this thread. I believe I made the definitive statement about the moon landing in that it had to have happened or we would know it was faked by now.

Ratch

Richard C

Joined Dec 20, 2008
Low gravity is not a vacuum. I think we went to the moon. I don't think we did 911, etc. I don't have to believe everything we say but I'll believe us over anyone that can be considered them. While going on with life we look over our sholder to see someone ready to stab or bite America in the back. They're usually eating our food and taking advantage of us in every way. They can stay in or go back to hell.

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
You can't be serious! We pass out cash all over the planet. What our military destroys, we generally rebuild. We are usually the first country to step up, and send in help when disasters strike, even Mexico (earthquakes, floods, hurricanes...). Maybe not in your tiny corner of the country for you to personally see, but there are plenty of American built schools, hospitals, and utilities.

We had the resources and built the technology to put a man on the moon, and the program keeps growing. Can't understand the point in trying to disprove the moon landing. It would probably take a greater effort to pull off such a hoax, than to actually make the trip. Every detail would need to stand up to scientific examination around the world. A lot of thought, careful planning, and very precise construction of the props. A hoax would have taken longer, and similar effort. Can't think of any reason why our government would go to the trouble. Doing it for real would have be simpler, more rewarding, less risky...
This is the last time I will quote you.
I am sorry to tell you that you have watched too much TV and movies. you are completely misinformed and sadly you are not the only one. I really hope one day you will wake up, you are problably too young. I was just like you long ago I am 40 now I have awaked up.
Yes they sent a ship into space but I just don't believe they went to the Moon. It is my personal opinion and I am not the only one. When I see for example a flag with some telescope from earth I will believe someone was there.
Sorry but I don't believe in motion pictures. If they lied about the Holocaust and I do have evidence of that, they can lie about ANYTHING.

Last edited:

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
theamber,

Wrong in everything? Get real. There is no friction in space that affects the ballistic trajectory of the rocket except during launch and recovery. That is what I was talking about. Didn't you realize that? No energy is needed to penetrate the Earth's atmosphere due to the extremely high gravitational potential energy. Didn't you realize that? A big object travels through vacuum space as freely as a large object once free of the atmosphere. Didn't you realize that? Wrong again? I was not even wrong the first time.

No you cannot. Japan does not have as many global commitments as the US, but they still have their government scandals. And it wasn't until 1995 that they acknowledged that their soldiers committed atrocities agains the Chinese women during WWII. Others include http://www.greenpeace.org/international/news/whale-meat-scandal-150408
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/12/27/asia/AS_GEN_Japan_Minister_Resigns.php
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2004/may2004/japa-m31.shtml
http://www.faqs.org/abstracts/Busin...an-regulators-manage-to-contain-run-on-C.html
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003725458_japan29.html

It was not just on TV. Thousands upon thousands watched the launch and just about every nation with a radar tracked the rocket going and coming back. You still have not explained how something that big and known to so many people could be kept secret for so long. Sure, everybody constantly lies, but not about something that big. They would eventually be found out by now.

Ratch
I do remember you now on another thread that I proved you wrong too, but you never admitted it. You have not changed. I have been proved wrong here in AAC about a Robot not being a remote controlled and I did apologized to the person that corrected me. Is ok to be wrong I do make a lot of mistakes too. But here now trust me you are wrong there is friction in space.
Thousands of people better millions also have seen the movie Independence day what does that proves? I did not get your logic neither before nor now.
They sent men into space I believe that, but the MOON LANDING that is what the thread is about.

About Japan you have no clue. Anything you see negative about Japan is made by Koreans, some born in Japan they even speak Japanese, they are not real Japanese people. You have no idea about that culture. I invite you to do some REAL research about that.

Last edited:

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
Low gravity is not a vacuum. I think we went to the moon. I don't think we did 911, etc. I don't have to believe everything we say but I'll believe us over anyone that can be considered them. While going on with life we look over our sholder to see someone ready to stab or bite America in the back. They're usually eating our food and taking advantage of us in every way. They can stay in or go back to hell.
A very patriotic man nothing wrong with that.
Sorry but your food stinks, I mean really the quality of all the US food is terrible. Mexican food is much better. If you want real food go to countries in the Mediterranean and you will be amazed.
Now you believe the Moon landings ok.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Begging your pardon, but who lied in what way about the Nazi death camps all over Europe? What evidence have you that these camps did not exist, or that the systematic extermination of various "undesirables" never took place? In what way has the modern world been deluded, and for what purpose?

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
This is the last time I will quote you.
I am sorry to tell you that you have watched too much TV and movies. you are completely misinformed and sadly you are not the only one. I really hope one day you will wake up, you are problably too young. I was just like you long ago I am 40 now I have awaked up.
Yes they sent a ship into space but I just don't believe they went to the Moon. It is my personal opinion and I am not the only one. When I see for example a flag with some telescope from earth I will believe someone was there.
Sorry but I don't believe in motion pictures. If they lied about the Holocaust and I do have evidence of that, they can lie about ANYTHING.
40? You wasn't even misconceived when the lunar landing took place. Yeah, I watched TV, they hooked one in my first grade class room so we all could witness history being made. That was a very rare thing back then, as there weren't any VCRs yet... Don't know much about telescopes, but know you can get complete maps of the surface of the moon, shouldn't be hard to locate where the flag is, or that electric buggy they cruised around in, maybe tire tracks... Search it up, you seem pretty good at finding garbage on the internet, and there are a lot of nut cases who love this stuff, should find something, if you really want the truth.

floomdoggle

Joined Sep 1, 2008
To all,
As most of you know, I am a handyman down here in Houston. About three years ago, I was given a job at a townhouse just outside of the loop. Person's name was Grissom. Turned out it was Betsy Grissom. Yes, the widow of Virgil "Gus" Grissom.
When I went there I had no idea who it was. Imagine my surprise when I found out Betsy was, and is, the widow of Gus Grissom. Wow! I was too shy to say he, and all the other astronauts were my heroes, but I think she knew. Wound up installing a bathouse, yes bathouse. on her second storey, outside of the garage.
I got to see the inside of her home. I saw all of Gus Grissom's old books. Mostly geology and metallurgy.
Whether or not man went to the moon is irrelevent. Using the Apollo Project as a way to indict space exploration, and what man, or women and men do, maybe even governments themselves, is not only pathetic, but ignorant.
Had my say. Excuse any poor explanations.
Dan

Ratch

Joined Mar 20, 2007
theamber,

I do remember you now on another thread that I proved you wrong too, but you never admitted it. You have not changed.
You remembered wrong. You did not prove me wrong. All you did was declare victory and go home. To refresh your memory, read http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=13028&highlight=charge+flow+debate again.

But here now trust me you are wrong there is friction in space.
Pardon me for no trusting you. Except for the solar wind which would not affect the space capsule in such a short time, there is nothing to impede the capsule's travel until it reaches Earth atmosphere. I worry about you if you do not understand that.

Thousands of people better millions also have seen the movie Independence day what does that proves? I did not get your logic neither before nor now.
It proves nothing, but I never said it did. Neither did I give that as an example. Someone else did.

They sent men into space I believe that, but the MOON LANDING that is what the thread is about.
Yes, so why don't you refute my point about not being able to keep the fake secret for all this time?

About Japan you have no clue.
How so? I could say the same about your knowledge of the US.

Anything you see negative about Japan is made by Koreans, some born in Japan they even speak Japanese, they are not real Japanese people. You have no idea about that culture. I invite you to do some REAL research about that.
Do you realize how you are perceived when you say that the only the Koreans say negative things about Japan? And how do you know that I don't know anything about their culture? What does culture have to do with their government being involved in scandals and coverups and deceit? Did I not research those links I submitted to prove my point?

Ratch

Ratch

Joined Mar 20, 2007
beenthere,

Begging your pardon, but who lied in what way about the Nazi death camps all over Europe? What evidence have you that these camps did not exist, or that the systematic extermination of various "undesirables" never took place? In what way has the modern world been deluded, and for what purpose?
I might add that the Holocaust was one of the most documented events in human history. Anyone who does not believe it happened is self-delusional.

Ratch

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
I have no idea in where in the US you live looking the way you think or what you mean in your posts with the purpose behind falsifying things. I mean recently why did the US lied about Vietnam or Iraq. Make your own conclussions. The films they took about the Holocaust where made up and staged I know that I know many people from all the sides even Jews that were there I had tons of testimonies, pictures, books. But you believe whatever you want I cannot make you change here what years and years of television has done to you.
I am just going to give you an example, I knew a German soldier that was captured by the Russians, got sick in jail, the russians operated him in the stomach, saved him but at the end of the war he was so week and thin. He and others similar where called by the Americans they put some sings arround his kneck "Holocaust victim" and proceded to film them next to a War holding facility.
Germany could of enter England in 1940, (Dunkirk) did not do it why do you think?. Why the battle of France lasted it only two weeks! There are many many things that don't add up. I am not going to elaborate more about that on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.