Want to build this

Peeppop

Joined Feb 12, 2023
Hi,
I’m trying to build this, but I have no real understanding of the diagram as an amateur.
I was wondering if anyone on this forum does and if they can just explain explain how I can build it simply. appreciate any feedback.79A508D2-F01F-40EC-8B77-BD0631777398.jpeg

Peeppop

Joined Feb 12, 2023
Haha, good question. Came across it on the fantastic worldwide web!
This is a description of the device that’s quoted on the website With diagram and I have this obsession to build this. :)

Electrostatic means radiating electrical energy at selected frequencies of the order of megacycles per second is safely and harmlessly coupled capacitatively to tissue structure of a human being or of an animal with no significant flow of electrons for reducing sensitivity to pain, at least temporarily. The radiating means may comprise an evacuated glass envelop of inert gas and also contain an electrode that is intermittently subjects to an electropositive voltage during certain portions of the cycle to promote positive space charges within the envelope together with a controlled amount of ionization of said atmosphere and the production of selected forms of electromagnetic radiation such as infrared light, ultraviolet light, visible light, an mixtures thereof.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Haha, good question. Came across it on the fantastic worldwide web!
This is a description of the device that’s quoted on the website With diagram and I have this obsession to build this. :)

Electrostatic means radiating electrical energy at selected frequencies of the order of megacycles per second is safely and harmlessly coupled capacitatively to tissue structure of a human being or of an animal with no significant flow of electrons for reducing sensitivity to pain, at least temporarily. The radiating means may comprise an evacuated glass envelop of inert gas and also contain an electrode that is intermittently subjects to an electropositive voltage during certain portions of the cycle to promote positive space charges within the envelope together with a controlled amount of ionization of said atmosphere and the production of selected forms of electromagnetic radiation such as infrared light, ultraviolet light, visible light, an mixtures thereof.
UV light is damaging, free radicals are damaging, ozone from UV light and/or electric sparks is damaging. If you're going to do this, I would recommend
- eating lots of blueberries, they are full of anti-oxidants.
- putting on some sunscreen to protect from the UV light
- wear a mask with activated carbon adsorbent to prevent inhaled ozone.

Peeppop

Joined Feb 12, 2023
UV light is damaging, free radicals are damaging, ozone from UV light and/or electric sparks is damaging. If you're going to do this, I would recommend
- eating lots of blueberries, they are full of anti-oxidants.
- putting on some sunscreen to protect from the UV light
- wear a mask with activated carbon adsorbent to prevent inhaled ozone.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
This looks like a very early patent application for something like a stimulator or TENS device, though the reference to 'capacitively coupled' makes little sense in the context of pain relief or suppression which is usually done through contact electrodes.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
I would suggest you don't proceed with this project as it is a recipe for harm.
In your original post, you admit you do not understand the diagram so indication a complete lack of electronic knowledge. This is not the device to start your electronic hobby with as it can very easily kill you or someone else. I would encourage you to find an easier and well documented project to start with. Electronics is fun, but building this device could well cut your electronics journey short!

Peeppop

Joined Feb 12, 2023
I would suggest you don't proceed with this project as it is a recipe for harm.
In your original post, you admit you do not understand the diagram so indication a complete lack of electronic knowledge. This is not the device to start your electronic hobby with as it can very easily kill you or someone else. I would encourage you to find an easier and well documented project to start with. Electronics is fun, but building this device could well cut your electronics journey short!
Totally agree with you that’s one of the reasons why I posted. To understand the complexity of the system and if it was a dangerous as the first build.

Peeppop

Joined Feb 12, 2023
This looks like a very early patent application for something like a stimulator or TENS device, though the reference to 'capacitively coupled' makes little sense in the context of pain relief or suppression which is usually done through contact electrodes.
Yes it is 1930s by Italian engineer Gianni A. Dotto. Which I haven’t heard of.

I think you’re correct it is similar to a simulator or TENS but it just seems one exception that you can adjust the frequency with this device.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Yes it is 1930s by Italian engineer Gianni A. Dotto. Which I haven’t heard of.

I think you’re correct it is similar to a simulator or TENS but it just seems one exception that you can adjust the frequency with this device.
Ah! The Dotto Ring. It does everything from curing cancer to causing levitation. The old saw that the FDA banned it because it "didn't work and dangerous" but that was supposedly a cover story to hide the fact that the US military wanted to prevent others from using the levitating power of "the ring".

Maybe Tolkien got the idea of the power of the ring from Dotto.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Ah! The Dotto Ring. It does everything from curing cancer to causing levitation. The old saw that the FDA banned it because it "didn't work and dangerous" but that was supposedly a cover story to hide the fact that the US military wanted to prevent others from using the levitating power of "the ring".

Note: I worked in a government lab in the 1980s. There was some reference to Dotto in a New York newspaper and in the weeks (months?) after, the switchboard would get calls from relatives of cancer patients shaming government scientists for hiding the Dotto ring.

Peeppop

Joined Feb 12, 2023

To be honest I couldn’t really find anything on Gianni A. Dotto except the dotto rings! I agree with on the Dotto rings haha

Peeppop

Joined Feb 12, 2023
Note: I worked in a government lab in the 1980s. There was some reference to Dotto in a New York newspaper and in the weeks (months?) after, the switchboard would get calls from relatives of cancer patients shaming government scientists for hiding the Dotto ring.
I could imagine. I have really bad arthritis in my knees and when I saw this diagram pain relief I thought why not let’s try it. In your opinion you don’t think it’s worth building The diagram I posted?

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I could imagine. I have really bad arthritis in my knees and when I saw this diagram pain relief I thought why not let’s try it. In your opinion you don’t think it’s worth building The diagram I posted?
All through the 1920s - 1950s there were thousands of patents on various oscillators, static, stimulators, radiators, emitters, magnetizes, illuminator, and so on. To my knowledge, none are used by medical doctors, only muscle stimulators are used by physical therapists and chiropractors. Radio waves are, of course used in MRI with large electromagnetic fields for imaging, not treatment. You can somehow kill cancer cells by passing radio waves into a needle that is inseted into a cancer cell but, I think it is difficult NOT to kill a cancer cell with a needle - I'm not sure why radio waves are needed or the benefit of the research other than to help someone get their PhD.

I guess my question is, out of all the gadgets in all the patents in the history of unsuccessful research related to such gadgets as medical cures, why did you pick the Dotto Ring?