Wanna see something cool #2

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
They will make it. Societies under external conflict stress are incredibly resistant to destruction.
A historian once said that there's a huge difference between a war against a government and a war against a people ... I believe that the latter is such the case. I just hope the conflict does not drag on for too long.

Unbelievable how single minded maniacs can bring so much evil into the world ...

Last edited:

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
If you consider N. Korea which has almost NO grid, is amazing at what people can endure. Humans are resilient in the face of adversity! What will happen is an increase in disease and deaths per capita...

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Don't know if this is cool or shocking, but this morning I was watching the NASA channel and they were talking about Apollo 11. One of the astronauts said "Here we were 240,000 miles from earth with Three Billion people on earth watching us three men. Tuesday I was having a discussion with a few friends about earth's population. Looked it up. Today there are 7,975,105,156 people on earth. Let's just call it 8 billion people. More than double the population in just over 50 years.

A very sobering fact.

According to "World Population Growth Rate 1950 to 2022" the population of earth is growing close to 1% per year. In 2019 the population grew by 1.06% over the previous year. I guess a lot of people had nothing to do during lockdown but breed. The chart projects over 10 billion by 2086. I'm a bit pessimistic about that. With our environmental changes I suspect the human population may experience some sort of collapse before then. If not before then, won't be long after that.

Last edited: