walkie talkie and pc headphone

curt platt

Joined May 21, 2018
Hello!

I want to connect a pc headphone and a walkie talkie headphone so I can hear both at the same time. What info on each should I get to come back to this forum and make an educated request for help?

Thank you so much!!

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

If you tell us the resistance of the headphones and how it's connected (stereo or mono) we can tell you how much the volume will decrease.

Since you're talking about two headphones, I assume you're going to connect them after the walkie talkie's headphone jack.

curt platt

Joined May 21, 2018
i would like to hear both the walkie talkie and pc output at the same time out of one speaker of a headset.
thank you!!!°

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
Depends on the impedance of the headphone, and the output impedances of the computer and walkie-talkie, but here is what I would try first:

Your headphone is going to have two wires coming from it (right ear only, if there are more wires, they are from the left side). Connect one wire to the 'hot' of the computer output jack, and the other wire to the 'hot' of the walkie-talkie output jack. Then connect a wire between the shell of the computers output connector and the shell of the walkie-talkies output connector. If the audio source from the computer is stereo, you may have to place the computers audio into mono mode.

curt platt

Joined May 21, 2018
here is a photo of the two systems20180522_065029.jpg
..an Oculus Rift Vr headset and a Archshell ar5 walkie talkie. I am betting i will need to preamp the small walkie talkie in earbud speaker to get it to be heard over the oculus headset earpiece speaker...
cannot find any specs on either speaker.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I am betting i will need to preamp the small walkie talkie in earbud speaker to get it to be heard over the oculus headset earpiece speaker...
That would actually make this easier, if you can mix the signals at a low level (like line level) and then amplify the result.

But let me ask you something: Can't you input the walkie talkie signal into your PC and then do the mixing in software? This would send the mixed and amplified signal directly from your PC to your headphones.