W?hen you go for the brake but hit the gas instead.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
In the early 1970's I operated a burglar alarm company. One night I had a call for an emergency repair to the glass front of a liquor store owned by one of my customers. It was the same problem as shown in the video. Glass everywhere, to many booze bottle broken to count.

This accident happened in Thailand on April 15th.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I saw a woman do that, and she hadn't been drinking. It was a brick building, and I don't recall her breaking any windows. I just happened to be taking a break and was looking out the window when it happened.

Another time, I saw a woman hit a guy on a motorcycle (same parking lot). She literally ran over him and backed up over him again. I don't think it was the same woman and I can't recall who was at fault (it was the early 80's).

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Stopped at a stop sign and it looks like a demolition going on as plate glass windows were collapsing as a pickup was careening off a building, coming down the hill into the intersection. For a brief moment, before going over an embankment, I see a young fellow at the wheel. I make a dash to where I last saw the truck go over, and there it is hung up on a bluff, half way to the water. I clamber down and pull open the drivers door. An animated young man of about 10, looks at me and asks if I can get him a tow truck. I pull him out and push him back up the bank to his screaming mother and a small group of onlookers. As they reunite with hugs and tears, I quietly slip back to my truck, drive around the gathering and go on my business. The next morning, the wife who was watching the whole episode the previous day, calls me to read the front page news article. There's a photo of the young man, his mother, and two other men in a group hug. The caption reads, two heroes save young man from certain drowning as the vehicle he was playing in runs over the embankment. I never did meet those two heroes, but I am fond of that particular memory.

k1ng 1337

Joined Sep 11, 2020
Heard on the radio someone was caught going 180 km/h in an 80 km/h zone. Reminded me of a guy I worked for who tried to drive 160 to make it home for Ramadan so he could eat by sunset. He cared more about meeting a religious requirement than the welfare of the crew and everyone on the high way. I was livid because he thought he was a good driver and saw no problem. In reality he is the worst driver I ever seen.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Around here, most of the Jiffy Rip markets have steel posts planted adjacent to their front sidewalk for just that reason. If not when they were built, they were added after someone tried to park inside the store.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Unless you sustain life altering injuries. I walked away from a 20 year old girl t-boning me while I was on a highway and I had to retire early because of it. It's been over 9 years and I still have severe pain every day. But, hopefully, I'll have to endure the pain for a couple more decades.
What a grief. Yours reminds me what happened to S. King that you surely know about.

Kjeldgaard

Joined Apr 7, 2016
Around here, most of the Jiffy Rip markets have steel posts planted adjacent to their front sidewalk for just that reason. If not when they were built, they were added after someone tried to park inside the store.
One of the more distinctive "fences" I can find here in the city:

Meny_butik1.jpg

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
My sister and dad were walking into a store, when an older driver hit the gas instead of the brake when parking. Both were pushed into the brick storefront and trapped by the car. My dad was injured worse, including having an outside water faucet cut into his abdomen. My sister was released quickly, but my dad spent a long time in intensive care.