Voltage/Amps

Annoying.Onion

Joined Dec 13, 2020
Anyone can explain how to get max performance or efficiency in my little project? Im trying to create this kind of cooler experiment using a peltier module. Then a heatsink with 2 fans. Just want to know if I have to add any modules so the fan and peltier gets their maximum energy needs or atleast do their max perf. Just curious. Because what I did is just connect the all the positive wire from the fan and peltier then the negative ones as well. Then plugged it in.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
If both the fan and the TEC are rated for 12 V operation, then what you ahve done ***might*** be ok. It is impossible to tell without more information.

TEC (Peltier device) manufacturer, part number, web site - anything?

Wiring diagram

What is the 12 V source you are using?

ak

Annoying.Onion

Joined Dec 13, 2020
If both the fan and the TEC are rated for 12 V operation, then what you ahve done ***might*** be ok. It is impossible to tell without more information.

TEC (Peltier device) manufacturer, part number, web site - anything?

Wiring diagram

What is the 12 V source you are using?

ak
So I just bought this generic peltier from knline, doesnt really have any branding on it. But heres the name of the peltier on my order list.
-TEC1-12706 40x40mm Thermoelectric Cooler 6A

Then for the fan
DC 12V 2Pins Cooling Fan 60mm x 60mm x15mm

And for the wiring. I just connected all the positive and negative wires from both the fan and peltier. The connected it to the postive and negative of a plug, then plugged it in basically.

ElectricSpidey

Joined Dec 2, 2017
Maximum efficiency begins with the proper contact between the TEC and the hot and cold side plates (sinks)

Then the isolation between the two is very important.

Also the fan should create maximum turbulence on the airflow through the heatsink.

If using PWM be sure to use a frequency high enough to avoid thermal distress.